Booked for June 2018 are we doomed?

Kalieo8812

Earning My Ears
Me and my boyfriend have a trip booked for the 12th thru the 17th are we doomed to deal with a ton of annual passholders and crowds?

Well we went around that time last year. It was busy but not unbearable. Use the same strategies everyone suggests, get to the parks early, avoid parks with extra magic hours(unless you are able to take advantage of them), etc.

Okay thanks that makes me feel better about how I have our trip planned. We went last year and spent 4th of July in Magic Kingdom and that was Busy! So I was hoping for it not to be at that crowd level this trip.

most annual passholders will not go then - too darn hot and humidity - my ap doesn't even allow me to go then. where are you staying?

All Star Music. We wanted to still have all the perks of a Disney Resort but we wanted to spend our money else where souvenirs, photopass, food etc. The room is only really to sleep anyways right. Was this a bad choice? (not like I can change it now lol)

No. The crowds are a lot more spread out than they were 15 years ago, and summer isn't really peak season anymore. Just be sure to prepare for the heat!

Life is what you make it. You will be in Disney, either way it should be a good time.

Okay thanks I know were going to Disney so no matter how busy we plan to have the time of our lives!!! The heat I can handle I have that all planned out.

Any idea how early we should head to the busses if we want to be there at 7:30-7:45 for extra magic hours at 8am? Were only doing this on two of our days Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom.

Okay thanks I know were going to Disney so no matter how busy we plan to have the time of our lives!!! The heat I can handle I have that all planned out.

Any idea how early we should head to the busses if we want to be there at 7:30-7:45 for extra magic hours at 8am? Were only doing this on two of our days Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom.

I would make sure to get in line at your resort 40 minutes in advance of where you want to be. This gives the bus 20 minutes to show up, and 20 minutes to travel. If you want to be at the gates at those times, to be safe add 10 extra minutes to get though security.

Okay thanks for the advice! :-)

I also just want some opinions.... I have a dinner reservation at La Hacienda and was wanting to watch Illuminations is this a good option our dinner is at 7:30 and were willing to wait for a window table?

If a park opens at say, 8am, I would get to the bus stop just before 7am. I like to be there an hour before the official park opening. After noticing that buses often came on the hour, I then arrived 5 mins before that.

Okay so what your saying is on the days we are going to the parks that open with extra magic hours which is 8am we should be at the bus stop no later than 6:55am?

Okay thanks for the advice! :-)

I also just want some opinions.... I have a dinner reservation at La Hacienda and was wanting to watch Illuminations is this a good option our dinner is at 7:30 and were willing to wait for a window table?

I have no experience with this myself, but I would reccomend 2 things. 1. Show up early and let them know your desire. 2. Be flexible in case your best case scenario does not work out.

Okay so what your saying is on the days we are going to the parks that open with extra magic hours which is 8am we should be at the bus stop no later than 6:55am?
Yep. Especially AK - if you plan to use RD to head to a ride in Pandora. That might be too late - but folks who have been more recently might know better than me.

I will be there from the 10th to the 16th. I was told the buses start like 2 hours early on EMH days. I want to be on Main and well on my way by RD. They said this was totally possible without renting a car. AK will have EMH every single day we are there. I thought this was a website error so I called and confirmed. They said it's specifically because of Pandora. I was able to FP Rivers but not Flight so I'll be running with you.

Thanks so much for the information. Yeah were only planning to be at RD on the days we go to MK and AK so I planned on being there at least an hour before hand so thank you for letting me know about the busses since that's our main source of Disney Transportation. We ended up lucking into a FP for Flights of Passage but not river to so I want to ride that as early as possible before it gets 2hr plus wait times.

I hope you enjoy your trip only 39 days left for you!!!:yay:
Maybe by some Disney Magic will somehow bump into each other either running to the castle or Pandora lol!

I have seen on another thread that the app is going to start showing bus arrival times at your resort--kind of like having the arrivals board at your fingertips. It might help you plan your time and cut down on your wait at the stop.

There was another thread (https://www.disboards.com/threads/dinner-during-illuminations.3642229/#post-58366885) which detailed some new(ish) changes to the policy of waiting for tables with a view. As a pp said, it's probably still a good idea to ask nicely, but be prepared with a backup plan.

Have a wonderful trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter