Booked for December 2018!

I am doing a split stay this August: Disneyland Kingdom room for a night and Explorers Lodge for two nights. I already tried Hollywood before. Is a split stay something your family would consider? Either way, you will have a magical time and one more reason to go back!

Last edited:
I am doing a split stay this August: Disneyland Kingdom room for a night and Explorer’s Lodge for two nights. I already tried Hollywood before. Is a split stay something your family would consider? Either way, you will have a magical time and one more reason to go back!

This is something I would like to do...especially since 2 days we'll be there are block dates for MAP...but with 10 other family members which include a less than 1 year old baby...it might be too much of a hassle...but I think it would be fun to be in all hotels =)...let us know how it went when you get back from your trip =)...especially about the Kingdom Club....

This is something I would like to do...especially since 2 days we'll be there are block dates for MAP...but with 10 other family members which include a less than 1 year old baby...it might be too much of a hassle...but I think it would be fun to be in all hotels =)...let us know how it went when you get back from your trip =)...especially about the Kingdom Club....

:thumbsup2 Will do!

It's alright. It's only two nights. We'll enjoy Disneyland Hotel. I booked my daughter a princess makeover in Bibbidi Bobbidi. I can explore the Explorers Lodge in my own time.

Being in Hong Kong I haven't stayed at any of the hotels myself but Kingdom Club and Explorers Lodge seem like the two best ones in my opinion. Kingdom Club has unique character experiences in addition to the lounge+buffet benefits. Mickey and/or Minnie in pajamas after storytime is pretty common and currently, only tour participants and Kingdom Club guests can meet Donald & Goofy wearing their Aulani D23 outfits. I've also been dying to do the activities in the Field Guide that is only available to Explorers Lodge guests. :eeyore:

Being in Hong Kong I haven't stayed at any of the hotels myself but Kingdom Club and Explorers Lodge seem like the two best ones in my opinion. Kingdom Club has unique character experiences in addition to the lounge+buffet benefits. Mickey and/or Minnie in pajamas after storytime is pretty common and currently, only tour participants and Kingdom Club guests can meet Donald & Goofy wearing their Aulani D23 outfits. I've also been dying to do the activities in the Field Guide that is only available to Explorers Lodge guests. :eeyore:

I think so too gelatoni fan...computed 4 nights for both and show that Kingdom Club costs less with the buffet breakfast and late night snacks since Explorer didn't have breakfast with the rooms...the extras of the Kingdom Club for the Kids would be fun...there's also the Storybook Playroom for Hotel Disneyland guests...Explorer guests need to pay admission....

HKDL Website it is!...we'll be holing up in Disneyland anyway...we won't be going to other parts of HK...I'll reserve the 2 Nights Plus offer since that one can be cancelled...planning to buy MAP in October...new promos will come out then too...study whether MAP gives us a better discount or if there are other promos to make the trip cheaper...cancel and rebook....

HKDL Website it is!...we'll be holing up in Disneyland anyway...we won't be going to other parts of HK...I'll reserve the 2 Nights Plus offer since that one can be cancelled...planning to buy MAP in October...new promos will come out then too...study whether MAP gives us a better discount or if there are other promos to make the trip cheaper...cancel and rebook....

Sounds like a good plan!
I will report back about my split stay experience. However, since you have a big party of more than 2 people, I think Kingdom Club would provide you more value with free breakfast, finger food at happy hours (some reports state the food is not enough to replace a dinner meal yet others state otherwise) and sweets throughout the day. Little kids need a break for the day and the schedule would work out well.

It’s only DD21 and myself on this trip. At first, I wanted to spend two nights at HKDL (who would not want to meet both Mickey and Minnie in PJs?), but coming back for the evening happy hours doesn’t work well with our touring plans. With the heat in August, we plan to take a 3-hour hotel break after lunch and then back to the park after 5 pm. So we will only stay in a Kingdom Club room for the arrival day and enjoy that day without going to the park. Then we will move to Explorer’s Lodge for two more nights. I hope HKDL can transfer my luggage to Explorer’s Lodge for me. I have read it somewhere that this service was offered.

Hope everything works out well as planned for you!

Sounds like a good plan!
I will report back about my split stay experience. However, since you have a big party of more than 2 people, I think Kingdom Club would provide you more value with free breakfast, finger food at happy hours (some reports state the food is not enough to replace a dinner meal yet others state otherwise) and sweets throughout the day. Little kids need a break for the day and the schedule would work out well.

It’s only DD21 and myself on this trip. At first, I wanted to spend two nights at HKDL (who would not want to meet both Mickey and Minnie in PJs?), but coming back for the evening happy hours doesn’t work well with our touring plans. With the heat in August, we plan to take a 3-hour hotel break after lunch and then back to the park after 5 pm. So we will only stay in a Kingdom Club room for the arrival day and enjoy that day without going to the park. Then we will move to Explorer’s Lodge for two more nights. I hope HKDL can transfer my luggage to Explorer’s Lodge for me. I have read it somewhere that this service was offered.

Hope everything works out well as planned for you!

please do...re the luggage transfer...I read it is available for HKD110 per bag...wonder why it isn't for free when your just transferring to their other hotel...hope they give consideration to that....

please do...re the luggage transfer...I read it is available for HKD110 per bag...wonder why it isn't for free when your just transferring to their other hotel...hope they give consideration to that....

Here is the review I read but the luggage was transferred from Explorers Lodge to HK Disneyland Hotel instead. I assumed the transfer was free.

FA9CB3E5-B59B-4ABA-B270-E054061A6CB8.jpeg

Last edited:
a
Here is the review I read but the luggage was transferred from Explorer’s Lodge to HK Disneyland Hotel instead. I assumed the transfer was free.

View attachment 335212

ah....I read this from the HKD website:

Luggage Valet

At the Luggage Valet, on Park Promenade near MTR Disneyland Resort Station, you can store any size luggage per day for a per-piece fee of HK$110.

I guess this is for guests who come in and goes straight to the park...?...anyway...that would be great!...not having to think about transferring luggage to and from the hotels! =)....

The 2-Day ticket special offer is on now till the end of this year. Though it’s $10 more, you do get a free popcorn ($35) voucher. Don’t forget to register as a MyDisney Fan to get the extra $50 eVoucher. I have set up an account for both DD21 and myself to buy the tickets separately for the $50 eVoucher which is one offer per ticket purchase transaction. I know that we would have lots of souvenirs to purchase. I regret not getting the Tsum Tsum umbrella last time and hope it is still available this time.

https://www.hongkongdisneyland.com/offers-discounts/2-day-fun-special-package-2018/

Edited:
Replaced previous link with the correct link to the new 2-Day ticket offer.

Last edited:
Here is the review I read but the luggage was transferred from Explorers Lodge to HK Disneyland Hotel instead. I assumed the transfer was free.

View attachment 335212

I emailed Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel and just received a disappointing reply. There is no lugggage transfer service between the hotels. The review probably meant the luggage was being taken care of by the Bell Service while they were at the park. The email reply recommended me to bring my luggage over to Explorers Lodge early in the morning and store them at Bell Service before going to the park. In this case, I will store my luggage at HK Disneyland Hotel instead after I check out. Then go back later to retrieve the luggage before checking into Explorers Lodge after lunch hoping a room will be ready by then.

Sorry for giving you false hope!
Have fun planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!