Booked during Marathon

Cjtigger

Mouseketeer
We unfortunately booked during Star Wars Marathon. What parks should we avoid on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

We only plan on going to parks 6-8 hours a day but I hate it when it is overcrowded.

Thanks,

I assume you mean the Star Wars Half Marathon? Most people read “Marathon” as the one the first week of Jan, which is quite popular.

Personally, I wouldn’t adjust my plans on account of any runDisney event or crowd, you might not even know it’s going on. The races themselves are super early in the morning.

FWIW, the Star Wars Half isn’t even sold out yet.

In park crowds shouldn’t be majorly different. Just watch out for transportation issues.

I assume you mean the Star Wars Half Marathon? Most people read “Marathon” as the one the first week of Jan, which is quite popular.

Personally, I wouldn’t adjust my plans on account of any runDisney event or crowd, you might not even know it’s going on. The races themselves are super early in the morning.

FWIW, the Star Wars Half isn’t even sold out yet.

Mostly yes. SW I would not worry about at all.

DS was just as the last marathon (as a spectator for the first time, used to run it and loved the other perspective) and it was an issue for Epcot. They had it laid out in a way that the runners pretty much had blocked the entire area around Spaceship Earth. They ran in u-turned and ran out .... and they were holding guests back. They were rope dropping FEA. He grabbed his friends and they literally jumped in the race lanes right behind the end and followed them up to the turn, then jumped out and got ahead of most the rope drop guests. SO if that was someone's plan, it may have been hampered.

Also if you drive to parks, be aware of where a race starts/ends. Epcot parking lot shut down very early in day as lots of runners drive to race, then stay and go into Epcot or monorail up to MK or bus elsewhere. They park for free if they arrive early, and if not staying on property, leaving their car there saves parking money at another park. You arrive in morning but not at opening you could get shut out of parking.

They had it laid out in a way that the runners pretty much had blocked the entire area around Spaceship Earth. They ran in u-turned and ran out .... and they were holding guests back. They were rope dropping FEA. He grabbed his friends and they literally jumped in the race lanes right behind the end and followed them up to the turn, then jumped out and got ahead of most the rope drop guests.

Eep!

Disney cms have a method of letting people go through when it's safe for them *and the people who have been out on the course since 6am or so and are exhausted*. Let the cms do their jobs.

Eep!

Disney cms have a method of letting people go through when it's safe for them *and the people who have been out on the course since 6am or so and are exhausted*. Let the cms do their jobs.

There was NO access for guests, there were no cross points set up. CMS were not guiding guests, they had no method and the area was becoming congested.

They were not in the race, did not join the race, they were behind the sweeper but the crowds were building so big there ... was poor planning on the course .... they just went ahead to move out of the crowds.

DS is a running coach and has hosted many events, would never impede. Disney should have had outside lanes for guests on the right to enter the park because at that point the runners were not that thick but still coming in after the park was open for business. We have been there before with runners and there are lanes for each. I don't know how folks got to breakfasts.

My point was not for guests to impede, they didn't ............ it was for OP to know that they may arrive to the park and if Disney doesn't adjust this part (which I think was a change) they may get blocked out front while International Gateway folks are coming in. With FEA it could alter someones plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter