Booked a back to back on Dream for 2019!

mlayman7

Mouseketeer
Just booked a back to back on Disney Dream for late Feb/March. Had the 7 night eastern booked but the back to back was about 500 cheaper and we would rather have 2 nights on castaway cay then pay extra to go to a beach on tortola with 3 kids (3, 7, 9). Also the flight schedule for southwest saves us a lot. Was looking at doing a summer 5 night double dip for castaway cay and that was over 1.5k more expensive than a back to back on our dates. Is there anything we need to know with a b2b? We have the same room for both, deck 9 aft category 4a.

Just booked a back to back on Disney Dream for late Feb/March. Had the 7 night eastern booked but the back to back was about 500 cheaper and we would rather have 2 nights on castaway cay then pay extra to go to a beach on tortola with 3 kids (3, 7, 9). Also the flight schedule for southwest saves us a lot. Was looking at doing a summer 5 night double dip for castaway cay and that was over 1.5k more expensive than a back to back on our dates. Is there anything we need to know with a b2b? We have the same room for both, deck 9 aft category 4a.

Wow! Awesome! Sounds like a great switch for you and your family! And wonderful that you don't have to pack up your stuff since you have the same room! :dogdance:

I've never done a B2B, but lots of folks here have. There was a super recent thread that had a LOT of great advice for B2B. You might try a search to find it. Happy planning! :flower2:

We did exactly the same thing for late january/early February! 7 night that way was cheaper than a straight 7 night cruise and you effectively get the double dip. I don't understand why everyone isn't doing this!

My understanding is that you can leave all your stuff on the ship, since you have the same room, without packing up. On the switch over day, they take all of the back to back folks off and through customs, then virtually right back on. I think most things will be closed for a while except one restaurant.

Yeah I was surprised at the pricing. I was just randomly looking at different ideas because the flight prices were so high for Friday to Saturday flight. Once I saw the savings I checked the flights and it was a big difference so wasn't that hard of a decision. We had done the 4 night Dream before a few years ago so the big disappointment will be not seeing the different shows on the Fantasy. At least they'll be one new show on the Dream from when we last went.

We did a B2B in May and it was very easy. You'll receive instructions on what to do and where to meet on switch over day. Your head server will also check in with you at the end of the first cruise to ask if you'd like to stay with your serving team for the second cruise. You'll also close out your shipboard account at end of the first cruise and start fresh for the second cruise.

We are doing a 2nd B2B in Dec 2018, for same reasons saved money over a 7night. We switched a previous booking to the B2B. We did our first a couple years ago now. As previous poster has said it is easy, the crew will guide you in what you need to do. We had to leave and go through customs then waited about 30min in the urge at port to go back on ship again. We were allowed to leave everything in the room and Return back to our room but asked not to go back and fourth so that other new passengers didn’t go to theirs. It was great being on the ship and feeling like it was just for us, no one else.

Our servers asked us if we wanted to stay at same tabl or have a table for ourselves (we said yes) for the 2nd half of B2B.

We like CC so the back to back is great. We also did a 5night double dip on the fantasy.

Some dont like that they lose the Cruise experience on the turn around day.

We like the 2 stops at Castaway Cay and the idea we get two Palo complimentary meals (we are platinum), two chances to see the shows, can get that thing on the menu I missed the last time I was in the restaurant, etc.

Enjoy and have a great time.

We just did B2Bs on the Dream 8/17-8/24 and it was awesome. This was our 3rd time doing B2Bs. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask.

The nice thing for your kids is how empty the pools will be when you first get back on board!

We just did B2Bs on the Dream 8/17-8/24 and it was awesome. This was our 3rd time doing B2Bs. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask.

What was your last day like on the first portion of the B2B? Did you eat breakfast early then just walk or eat breakfast at Cabanas a little later? We have the early dining time since our kids are still young (9, 7, and turning 3 on day 1) so our scheduled breakfast that morning will be really early which is not appealing. I wonder if we'll be able to ask for a later breakfast since we'll be leaving the ship at a later time.

What was your last day like on the first portion of the B2B? Did you eat breakfast early then just walk or eat breakfast at Cabanas a little later? We have the early dining time since our kids are still young (9, 7, and turning 3 on day 1) so our scheduled breakfast that morning will be really early which is not appealing. I wonder if we'll be able to ask for a later breakfast since we'll be leaving the ship at a later time.

You can eat first breakfast and then just enjoy the ship for a while. You can visit cabanas and hang out in the atrium until they give the last call.
or
You can eat breakfast, get off, and then recheck in, and usually sit in the concierge lounge area and enjoy the view of the ship for a while before they start admitting new people. Just remember to bring off things to do for the kids. Once you get back on the ship you can visit the adults area coffee area for snacks and stuff. Since it will be the only place open until the ship opens for all cruise guests, you'll be able to score free drinks and snacks.

We usually prefer Cabanas over the MDR for breakfast on our last day, even though we have late dining. So we were out of room around 8:15 and went to Cabanas. The letter we had received asked for us to be off the ship by 9:15 but when we went down to the Atrium there were 2 huge lines on each side. We just sat and watched all the sad people leaving, LOL! ;) When the line died down some we got in it and got off then, probably around 9:30. However, now that you bring up changing your time our head server did tell us on our last night of the 2nd cruise, when we said we will probably go to Cabanas in the morning, that if we needed an earlier time he could get us in. I'm guessing because not everyone goes that last morning they can be flexible. So, if you do want to go to the MDR that morning, and would like a later time, just ask the Head Server the night before. Based on our experience I would guess they could do it.

As a side note just to expand on what was noted above, upon reboarding the Cove Cafe was open for adults and the Vista Cafe was open for families. I personally went to Satellite Falls and enjoyed an empty pool deck. ;)

How does it work with VGT rates or GT rooms? If Disney doesnt get you rooms, I get you have to pack up.. can you leaven luggage on board and still walk off and back on and just wait for the next stateroom? do they try and get you matching rooms ?

thanks

How does it work with VGT rates or GT rooms? If Disney doesnt get you rooms, I get you have to pack up.. can you leaven luggage on board and still walk off and back on and just wait for the next stateroom? do they try and get you matching rooms ?

thanks

If you don't want to move rooms, I wouldn't recommend *GT or GTY bookings. Book in a category where you can pick the same stateroom. Disney will in no way, shape, or form guarantee that you'll be remotely close to the stateroom from leg 1 let alone in the exact same room.

thanks

If you do not have the same room for both legs of the trip, you will need to pack up but you can leave your bags. You still follow the regular B2B procedure however your stateroom hosts will move the bags for you. Personally I would only do B2Bs if I had the same room. Not packing up is one of the biggest perks. ;)

thanks
We did this. We did a choosen room on the first leg and a 5e VGT on our second cruise. Our assigned room was 2 doors down from where we were on the first cruise. I know it isn't likely that that would happen, but it did for us.

You can eat first breakfast and then just enjoy the ship for a while. You can visit cabanas and hang out in the atrium until they give the last call.
or
You can eat breakfast, get off, and then recheck in, and usually sit in the concierge lounge area and enjoy the view of the ship for a while before they start admitting new people. Just remember to bring off things to do for the kids. Once you get back on the ship you can visit the adults area coffee area for snacks and stuff. Since it will be the only place open until the ship opens for all cruise guests, you'll be able to score free drinks and snacks.

I must be misunderstanding, are you saying that coffee drinks in the Cove are free until the ship opens for all cruise guests?

I must be misunderstanding, are you saying that coffee drinks in the Cove are free until the ship opens for all cruise guests?
Regular coffee, yes. And the "regular" drinks (sodas, juice, etc) also.

Specialty coffees do have a cost.

Snacks at Cove Cafe are included in the cruise fare.

Yes. This includes anything they are serving, at least on my sailing. The ship was not yet open to guests so no services are available (cabanas, dining rooms, etc). But they realize that some guests are returning and are in need of refreshment. So Cove cafe was 'included' until they opened the ship for the people in the cruise terminal.

We are planning a B2B on the Fantasy next December. My husband and I will sailing alone the first week and our college age son will be joining us for the second week. Will the B2B process be the same since we are adding a person for the second half?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!