Book Suggestions

lsumatt72

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone!

I have almost finished my Disney books in my collection and starting to think about what I'll read next. Looking for suggestions :)

My Disney reading preferences include Imagineer and behind-the-scenes type things.

Thanks!

Have you read The Art of Animation by Bob Thomas. It's a nice insight into the early years to present. There are currently 3 editions available, one which goes up to Beauty and the Beast and the updated one which goes up through Hercules. There's also an interesting series available on Kindle called The Vault of Walt. I think there are 5 or 6 in the series now. They give a lot of background on a lot of Disney history from attractions to movies.

Have you read The Art of Animation by Bob Thomas. It's a nice insight into the early years to present. There are currently 3 editions available, one which goes up to Beauty and the Beast and the updated one which goes up through Hercules. There's also an interesting series available on Kindle called The Vault of Walt. I think there are 5 or 6 in the series now. They give a lot of background on a lot of Disney history from attractions to movies.

I own Vault of Walt vol 1-4. Didn't know he came out with more!

I'm pretty sure there are 5 now. Also, are you familiar with Disney Dan on Youtube? He's got some very interesting videos on the evolution of some of the Disney character costumes through the years. It's a very interesting series.

I'm pretty sure there are 5 now. Also, are you familiar with Disney Dan on Youtube? He's got some very interesting videos on the evolution of some of the Disney character costumes through the years. It's a very interesting series.
I have not heard of him but that topic seems like something that would be right up my alley! thanks!

Bumping this thread. I'm going to be on a long flight to Ireland in June and would love to listen to some Disney-centric audiobooks. I've actually never read any book on the history of Disney/WDW and would be interested in that. Found a huge list of books here: https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/6294.Must_have_books_for_a_real_disney_fan_

Any suggestions for a Disney book newbie like me? Non audiobooks are fine too. Thanks!

"Dream it! Do it!" by Marty Sklar is a great book on the early days of Disney, the Parks, Imagineering, etc... as told by Sklar who worked up through the ranks to become president of Imagineering.

I’f Suggestion Ink & Paint: The Women if Walt Disney’s Animation. However, I don’t think it’s available in ebook or audiobook form.

Bumping this thread. I'm going to be on a long flight to Ireland in June and would love to listen to some Disney-centric audiobooks. I've actually never read any book on the history of Disney/WDW and would be interested in that. Found a huge list of books here: https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/6294.Must_have_books_for_a_real_disney_fan_

Any suggestions for a Disney book newbie like me? Non audiobooks are fine too. Thanks!
Made that flight two summers ago. At least it's overnight so you can sleep through a good portion of it. Hopefully your airline has enough in-flight entertainment to make the rest of the trip less taxing. Last summer's trip to Spain was an hour and change longer, and seemed to take forever. Not sure where this summer will find me, but if you do find any good books, please let me know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!