Book Recommendations?

Sassy23

Mouseketeer
Hi all!

I haven't been on here is SUCH a long time! I miss it!!

Here's the deal... I'm going to Hawaii. I am fresh out of books to read on the flight and while my family has some down time over there. Any ideas? Fair warning, I am super picky about my books. I don't like anything that has more description than dialogue, and I like fantasy-ish with some magic, adventure, that type of thing. Some of my favorite series are Snow like Ashes, Tiger's Curse, The Selection, Red Queen, Hunger Games, Maximum Ride and Divergent. So books similar to these. Thanks for all your help!

Last edited:
I really love The Selection Series, Hunger Games as well. I haven't read the Red Queen but it is on my list of TBRs. I don't know if you've read this yet but I'm currently reading the Shatter Me series. I'm reading the 2nd book right now Unravel me, and so far it's a pretty good series. It is a dystopian book as well. I would recommend this website called Goodreads! Best website to discover new books to read, and similar books that you like to read. If you do find that sight interesting to you can add me on there. I saved a lot of books that I want to read on there and most are dystopian, young adults, and romance.

Thanks! I do like Goodreads, but it seems recently I haven't been given good suggestions from there. I have heard of Shatter Me, haven't read it yet. How would you rank it? The Selection is one of my all time favorites! I need to check of Epic Reads as well to see if they have any ideas. I hate not having a series!

Harry Potter is, of course, one of my top recommendations, but you know. I also liked the Ranger's Apprentice series by John Flanagan, there are ten books in total, however you should know that although 7 is 7 it's actually set time-line-wise between 4 and 5.

And if you like a suspenseful, intelligent read that will drive you crazy - it's a standalone, not part of a series, but we were liars by e lockhart. I read and finished it that night, withing an hour or two, and then I just sat there, because whoa.

It's contemporary, but The Half-Life of Molly Pierce is really good. You also can't go wrong with Morgan Matson's books.

I forgot about Ranger's Apprentice! Those are great! I haven't read them all, that will be next. I'll have to check out the Half life book too. Thanks all!

Thanks! I do like Goodreads, but it seems recently I haven't been given good suggestions from there. I have heard of Shatter Me, haven't read it yet. How would you rank it? The Selection is one of my all time favorites! I need to check of Epic Reads as well to see if they have any ideas. I hate not having a series!

Oooo never heard of Epic Reads. I just checked it out, and it's pretty cool.
I would rank Shatter Me from 1-10 around a 7.
I'll list some young adult series that you can check out. I haven't read them yet, but it's on my tbr list.
  • Maze Runner Series
  • The Mortal Instrument Series (pretty long)
  • Legend Series by Marie Lu
  • Across the Universe by Beth Revis
  • Daughter of Smoke & Bone Series
  • New Soul Series
  • Snow Like Ashes
  • The Young Elite

If you don't mind a little Disney reading, I highly recommend the Kingdom Keepers series by Ridley Pearson. Those books are amazing. I also enjoyed The House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer and Marie Lu's books.

If you don't mind a little Disney reading, I highly recommend the Kingdom Keepers series by Ridley Pearson. Those books are amazing. I also enjoyed The House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer and Marie Lu's books.

Oh yeah definitely try reading Kingdom Keepers I've read some of the first book. I need to finish it but it's really good. Also a new book by Disney is The Isle of the Lost by Melissa de la Cruz!

Thanks all! I ended up reading the Infernal Devices series. I would recommend it to anyone. I liked it a lot more than the Mortal Instruments, but I need to read the Mortal Instruments again, it has been years since I read the first couple. I'm going to copy your list of TBR. I'm looking for another one now haha.

If anyone is into Romance books like I do I am currently reading a Goodreads book by author Jay McLean. It is called Where The Road Takes Me.

I would recommend Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher, but it is a bit... no a lot depressing... It was a really life-changing book, though. And I don't say that about many books. I read a lot, but his book shocked me. It was different from anything else I'd ever read (and that's saying a lot, coming from me). Some really good romance books are also John Green's books. I love his stuff!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter