Book of tickets

Yep. My first trip to the Fort---I think June of '73. That was the first summer for the Fort, right?

Anyway, I remember you could buy different booklets with different combinations of tickets. The *E* ride tickets were the best! Of course, they were used up quickly. My dad kept those booklets, as we had some leftover tickets that we never used. I think they were for some kind of horse-drawn carriage or something like that.

We were lucky. We had a friend that managed a Greyhound bus terminal in Ocala. Apparently, Disneyworld gave each terminal a bunch of tickets every year ... some sort of promotion. Anyway, my friend would give us all the ticket booklets we wanted. Didn't take advantage of the situation to terribly but, I always had enough E tickets for a couple day visit :o

Yes, first time we went we had tickets. My next visit was 15 years later and it was one price admission.

I'm pretty sure there was one ticket for WDW transportation but I don't remember how that worked. Did you keep that ticket and show it every time you got on a boat, bus or monorail? My first visit was in Oct '71 but I don't remember this detail.

Another plus or perk of being in the Cable TV industry, was the free passes that Disney handed out :rolleyes1 You had to be in management but my boss would always give me his passes. Later in my career, I was in management and got the free passes. That lasted quite a few years until Disney decided to withdraw that perk :sad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!