Book now or wait for better price?

Peter Pan Fan

Mouseketeer
We are headed to DLP September 30th until October 3rd (3 nights total). The prices on the web (the Classic Package) don't seem to fluxuate like at the US parks. Should we book now or wait and see if they are offering some sort of 'deal' as it gets closer?

Right now we are deciding between the Disneyland Hotel at $1100 total or the Newport Bay at $690 total. This is our 5th anniversary trip and I figure it will be a while before we get back to Paris, so we might as well splurge on the DL Hotel.

Any help is appreciated...thanks!

Susan

I would book now, as I don't think waiting would get you a discounted deal for a late booking.

You are right that hotel prices do not get discounted in the same way as Disney World hotels, mainly due to the very high occupancy rates at DLP hotels during the summer. This year for the first time there are discounted deals at some DLP hotels (one extra night free) during the peak season (details here), but I don't think they are available in September.

Regards

Rob

Hi, we are going to DLP in mid-September. You should book now. You don't have to pay a deposit for your reservation until 30 days before arrival. If a discount occurs, you can always call DLP for a price adjustment. Dont' book through a US travel agent unless you are very friendly with the agent because it is always okay to keep calling DLP directly each time you see a price drop but harder to keep calling an agent (some agents get annoyed or will delay frequent requests).

You should be seeing a 4 for 3 night special or something similar during the end of June or beginning of July on DLP website. Their current promotions are only until August. I timed our visit (Sept. 21-25) in anticipation that they might offer a 4 for 3 night special -by looking at last year's special during September and the UK travel agents are already offering the 4 for 3 night special for September.

Have fun. We are booked at Disneyland Hotel as well.

Cynthia
(San Francisco):Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter