Book now at All Star Sports or wait?

kpadalik

DIS Veteran
We are planning on a stay at All Star Sports in March. However, I am waiting to hear about renting DVC points. If the price is right, we may stay DVC instead. I would like to book my All Star Sports and buy tickets now so that I can make dining res and FP times. But if I end up staying DVC, is it easy to switch the hotel reservations without losing my dining and FP times? How would i go about doing this?

This March?? If this March, I would book All Star Sports right away! You don't need to have a resort reservation to book dining. You can also buy tickets without a resort reservation and make fastpasses - a Disney resort reservation just opens up the FP window at 60 days instead of 30 days for offsite guests. If you end up going with a DVC reservation, you can cancel your All Star Sports reservation and your fastpasses should be fine as long as your DVC reservation is linked to MDE.

As in next month?
ANYONE can book ADR's 180 days out so make them now!
You're also late to the game for FP+ too as you could have made those 60 days out with an onsite stay.
They did just put a new policy into place that if you cancel your room your FP+ will be cancelled as well and since you'd be cncelling not just modifying a reservation they would be cncelled.
At this point I'd buy tickets and book your FP+ at the 30 day window if you think there is a high probability of booking DVC.
If you think its a low chance then book All Star Sports and buy your tickets and book your FP+ now.

As in next month?
ANYONE can book ADR's 180 days out so make them now!
You're also late to the game for FP+ too as you could have made those 60 days out with an onsite stay.
They did just put a new policy into place that if you cancel your room your FP+ will be cancelled as well and since you'd be cncelling not just modifying a reservation they would be cncelled.
At this point I'd buy tickets and book your FP+ at the 30 day window if you think there is a high probability of booking DVC.
If you think its a low chance then book All Star Sports and buy your tickets and book your FP+ now.

Yes as in next month. We literally decided yesterday to do this. We only live a couple hours away, so it's not a big deal to just go over to WDW. However, due to a work injury that my husband received on-duty several years ago, we haven't gone to the parks except for MNSSHP or MVMCP in almost 10 years. I know FP and ADRs can be booked that far out. I also know we aren't expecting to get the FP and ADR that we might want. And that's ok with us. I just wanted to make sure that if we cancel Sports for DVC that we won't lose our Fastpasses But I guess if we just modify and not cancel, then we will be ok. That's the answer I was hoping for.

Yes as in next month. We literally decided yesterday to do this. We only live a couple hours away, so it's not a big deal to just go over to WDW. However, due to a work injury that my husband received on-duty several years ago, we haven't gone to the parks except for MNSSHP or MVMCP in almost 10 years. I know FP and ADRs can be booked that far out. I also know we aren't expecting to get the FP and ADR that we might want. And that's ok with us. I just wanted to make sure that if we cancel Sports for DVC that we won't lose our Fastpasses But I guess if we just modify and not cancel, then we will be ok. That's the answer I was hoping for.

You must have misunderstood me.
If you are renting points I would assume that you CANNOT just modify your reservation.
You would have to CANCEL it.
Meaning you lose your FP+.

As long as you have tickets or APs linked to your MDE account, you will not lose any FP+ reservations if you have to cancel.

As long as you have tickets or APs linked to your MDE account, you will not lose any FP+ reservations if you have to cancel.

Really? I thought the new policy to prevent throw away rooms made it so that if you cancel your reservation the FP's are cacnelled as well?

Maybe if you call and explain you are sill staying onsite and just changing resorts, they will not cancel the FP. I thought the new policy was to prevent people from taking advantage of the 60 day FP booking and receiving magic bands in the mail, and then canceling and staying offsite. I read on the thread about the new policy that they did not automatically cancel the FP, but gave you a very brief window to rebook onsite. I would definitely speak to a CM if you are going to make the change so you can try to keep your FP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter