Book BOG even if don't like food

pcoleman

Mouseketeer
I'm just curious if any of you would recomend booking BOG even when you won't eat the food? Very picky eaters. Combed over menus on every site. Nothing. Is the experience of being there worth the money and then having to turn around and eat something else?

As in, is it worth booking a reservation to essentially walk in and look around for a few minutes?

Definitely not.

If you aren't interested in eating there but want a thorough view of the inside of the restaurant, I would just pull up a walk-through on YouTube. You can satisfy your curiosity that way. :)

I wouldn't recommend it if you don't want to eat there. Did you check out the breakfast options? There are a couple of things that are pretty basic (scrambled eggs, bacon, pastries, etc.) But I empathize with picky eaters, I know it limits choices.

Probably not to eat a meal. Though, you can always book breakfast and then just order the cupcake - gets you in and out of the restaurant for very little money... and, if you book a PPO breakfast, you can usually get on SDMT before the crowds... all for the cost of a cupcake or two (or a snack credit on DDP).

Yes....I probably would. Like the PP said, you could just order dessert. Make an early morning or late afternoon reservation. Worth it to see IMO.

Probably not to eat a meal. Though, you can always book breakfast and then just order the cupcake - gets you in and out of the restaurant for very little money... and, if you book a PPO breakfast, you can usually get on SDMT before the crowds... all for the cost of a cupcake or two (or a snack credit on DDP).

I agree with this. If you are curious, try to book breakfast or a late lunch and just order a cupcake and/or some drinks. I suggest pre-ordering as the kiosk lines can get really long.

I feel that this is one of the most overrated restaurants at WDW. I've been there for a lunch and a dinner, and while I usually like turkey sandwiches, I didn't care for theirs. Of the two meals, I liked dinner a little better, both because the food was slightly better than lunch, and because you get to meet the Beast at dinner. However, I don't recommend eating somewhere that you don't like the food.

No. We've tried it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. None of the meals were good. If I had to pick one I guess breakfast was the best, but there are plenty of places to eat they actually have a good breakfast.

I would grab a lunch and have cupcakes... unless those don't appeal either.

I agree with this. If you are curious, try to book breakfast or a late lunch and just order a cupcake and/or some drinks. I suggest pre-ordering as the kiosk lines can get really long.

Yes - definitely pre-order! Go right in versus what can be a pretty big wait... this matters, too, if it is PPO breakfast and you are trying to get in / out quickly for SDMT. :)

Very neat environment, but again as other have mentioned -- if there is nothing that you like for breakfast lunch or dinner -- then not worth it. Find someplace else that you will eat something at. I would think over the course of 3 dining options there might be something that would appeal to those picky eaters. Is the whole party picky or just one individual? My husband is a picky and thought the lunch braised pork was amazing.

I am going to recommend getting a later lunch reservation. Go in and relax. It is beautiful. Get dessert and a coffee or a coke. Sit. Don't be in a line for something. Plan the rest of your day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter