Bonus Points

huskerfanatic7

Mouseketeer
So I just got access to my online account today to my new membership. I have a 160 point BLT AUG UY contract that was listed with 45 banked 2016 points into 2017 and 131 regular 2017 points. Looks like the seller failed to mention the 47 2015 pts banked into 2016 that have to be used by AUG 1st which is only a month away. I'm not able to use them. what is the best way make use of these points if at all?

Not that I have done this, but @ELMC did this recently with a resale contract, and posted on the Rent/Trade board here. Congratulations on secret bonus points! That's almost $500 off your purchase price!

So I just got access to my online account today to my new membership. I have a 160 point BLT AUG UY contract that was listed with 45 banked 2016 points into 2017 and 131 regular 2017 points. Looks like the seller failed to mention the 47 2015 pts banked into 2016 that have to be used by AUG 1st which is only a month away. I'm not able to use them. what is the best way make use of these points if at all?

anywhere you'd recommend to rent them?

Not that I have done this, but @ELMC did this recently with a resale contract, and posted on the Rent/Trade board here. Congratulations on secret bonus points! That's almost $500 off your purchase price!

Congrats on your bonus points! As was said above, I would recommend going to the DVC Rent/Trade Forum here on the DIS. Be sure to read the guidelines carefully so you will have a smooth process. There is still plenty of availability in July, mostly at SSR but also a lot at OKW as well as a few nights at other resorts here and there. You can list the points for $10 each, but I would recommend being flexible on that price. The goal is to get something for these points, and something is better than nothing.

Good luck! :)

You would be renting a reservation, keep that in mind. Meaning, you would be setting up a reservation for someone, collecting payment, and then making sure all goes well. But, as others have said, if someone is looking for a last minute stay, you could end up with a few extra dollars you were not counting on. On a side note, I would double check that things are correct and that these points are really there. Disney is pretty good about making sure that the points statement they give brokers is pretty accurate. Your documents should have had them listed as well. What you don't want is to make a reservation for someone, find out it was an error, and then be forced to use some of your other points to cover.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter