Bonus night with early check in?

Kbennett131

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone knew the policy about a “cutoff time” to check in without being charged for an extra night. Example: if you booked one night on 11/15 and you arrived at the hotel at 1am on 11/15- is there a possibility they have your room and you can crash/get up later and then go back that night for 11/15-11/16 sleep??

6AM is the start of the resort day. If you arrive at 1AM, you either pay for that night (if they even have a unit - resort day starts at 6, but if full you may not have a room until well after 3), or sleep in the lobby.

Nobody rides for free.

Last edited:
I don’t think any hotel has a policy like that. Disney resorts definitely don’t. If your reservation begins on 11/15, that means it starts after 6 am on 11/15.

If you want to be able to get into a room at 1 am on 11/15, your reservation would need to start on 11/14.

Hotels are booked by the night, not the day. So arriving at 1am, you'd have to pay for that night.

I've arrived to WDW that late before & had that exact experience (I didn't expect any different, of course.) I had to pay for the night we arrived.

Hotels are booked by the night, not the day. So arriving at 1am, you'd have to pay for that night.
Absolutely right. We in the industry are in the business of selling nights not days. So, in the Disney example, 11/15 runs from 6:00am 11/15 to 5:59am 11/16. Arriving at 1:00am 11/15 is arriving during the hotel’s 11/14 day and you have to pay the extra day. There are no “bonus” nights like that in the hotel business which is one of the reasons a hotel’s day is set the way it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter