Bonnet Creek and Uber/Lyft

ericaann94

Mouseketeer
Hi All,

Wondering if anyone has experience with staying offsite and relying mostly on carsharing apps to get to and from Disney?

We normally stay onsite but are planning on WBC this stay due to a big group and cost effectiveness.

Not really interested in renting a car (it certainly does take away from "vacation mode") but will if that is our only option.

I also have read that uber is not accepted at the airport - is this still true? Has anyone used an alternative?

Thank you in advance for any opinions or advice!
:love:

In April of 2016 we used uber exclusively. We loved it.
Even including a van to and from the airport, for the 6 of us, we saved money over car rental and parking.
It's faster and more convenient if you ask me. They pick you up at your building and drop you off at the park gate.
We're doing it again in February.

Awesome! Thank you guys!

@earfulofmagic you will have to let me know how it goes - we wont be going until March '18

@danabalana Every estimate i've done has uber being way cheaper and generally more convenient like you said. I am glad to hear you had a good experience!

Yes, I'd love to know how much Uber from MCO to WBC or from WBC to the parks. Maybe I will do this instead of renting a car. Sure like the idea of being dropped off at the gate!

I took a look at https://ride.guru/ on @earfulofmagic's recommendation and it is extremely useful.

This should help you both with estimating! Obviously keep in mind surge pricing but even if we are taking an astronomical amount it still seems cheaper then renting a car imo.

In March we used Uber one night to get from WBC to Wilderness Lodge for a dinner reservation. No issues.

So, if I want to go from the airport to our hotel via Uber, how do I ensure I get a vehicle large enough to carry four of us and our luggage? Do I need to use an Uber XL? Sorry if this is a 'dumb' question, but I've only used Uber for quick trips before.

Keep in mind with Uber/Lyft you will likely NOT get car seats. Not sure if Uber Family operates out of MCO, but they are much more expensive.

We used uber xl for 4 of us and bags to the Hilton Disney Springs from MCO and it was about $85 it think. I will say ...look at an airport map. They pick you up in this tunnel and we had a hard time finding it. It was on the same level as the rental car checkin but was down to the left and out the left side. Sorry if that makes no sense! We were very lost trying to find it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!