Bonine for motion sickness

Dramamine needs to be taken the day before. Meclizine works right away. I've taken it right before getting on a ride before. The key is to chew it enough to make a slurry and let it sit under your tongue. It enters your system quicker. Has anyone every worn the patches at the parks? I've used them for cruises and for a safari where I had to sit in the back seat everyday for a few weeks. I NEVER sit in the back seat because it makes me so sick. The patches worked great.

For those that take it- when is the best time to take it before going on rides? (the morning of, the night before, an hour before, ect.?) I plan on trying it out as more of a precaution since I haven't been on any big rides in several years, even though I used to be totally fine on them. I have heard that it can make you drowsy though.
30 minutes prior to an activity that would make you nauseous. But, I use Dramamine II. ( the less drowsy version). It is also available as a drugstore generic too.

I remember a few years ago Myth Busters did a show where they tested Dramamine, one of the pressure bands and ginger. Poor Grant who got motion sick easily tested each one. The ginger was the most effective for him. I always take ginger on plane trips. I usually do okay but it’s nice to have it if you need it. And I’ve offered it to a seat mate who was having a difficult time.

Only time I used Bonine was on a Disneycruise...worked great took it before we sailed I would imagine to take it in the morning before you go on any rides

Less-Drowsy Dramamine is 25mg meclizine. I take it each morning of my Disney trip. Using it, I can ride everything but the teacups!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!