• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bonfire Night Experiences

Queenie

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

I got some travel brochures for DLP yesterday (fatal decision) and have spotted a really good deal over the bonfire night celebrations. £194 each for 3 nights at Santa Fe including park tickets, eurostar and the hotel based on 2 adults leaving on Nov 3rd. Has anyone here ever gone during bonfire night? Is it worth it? We went over this last NYE but found it very very busy, is it similar around bonfire night or much quieter? I really felt like I missed out over NYE as I was very sick for most of the trip and spent most of my park days in the first aid rooms. I want to know if it's worth me going over bonfire night to actually have a good experience of DLP, me first impression was rather jaded by the illness unfortunately. Any personal thoughts/experiences welcome!! :flower:

I'll be there then - I think it might be busy, but certainly not as busy as New Year's Eve was - the central hub was madness wasn't it!?

I think you'll be able to see everything without too much problem. :cool1:

Hi, Queenie, my friend went with her DH and 2xDS last November for one of the bonfire nights. She went on a coach trip so only had two full days in the parks because they didn't get there until 7pm on the Sunday night and then left straight after breakfast on the Wednesday. She said this wasn't really long enough so if you went for 3 nights on Eurostar you would actually be getting 4 days which would be much better. She found the parks quiet, they were able to stay on rides several times over and thinks I am stark raving mad to be going in the school holidays!!!:rotfl:

I think the only downside was the cold:cold:but you will know from your own experience at NYE what it is like there!!!

So sorry you were ill at NYE:sick:, its always horrible when you're not well but so much worse when it is on holiday:grouphug:

Hello. Weve been a couple of times over the bonfire weekends. Being a weekend its always busy anyway so the crowds will be there although normally if its cold and damp families with very young children tend not to go - or at least there are less of them in my opinion. For the main attraction (ie fireworks) you cannot move in Disney Village. The celebration is set around the lake at the top of the village and as there are many non-disney visitors in the village as well as yourselves its wall to wall shoving at times. We couldnt get near the lake to actually see Mickey etc on the water so my one tip would be to go outside the village and sit on the wall up the side between the village and the bus station. Its virtually deserted and the wall runs behind from Annettes diner to the top of the village. You can still see the fireworks and the lasers and when its all over youre first for the bus to go back to the hotel or else you can sit around whilst the crowd goes down a bit before entering the village again.

When we went in January there were Chinese New Year fireworks on Lake Disney.
We were lucky enough to have booked a Montana Lakeside room at SL and as we were on the 6th floor we had a fantastic view of the display without getting cold!
If I was able to go in November I'd definitely book the same thing.

Hi Queenie! That sounds like a great deal. We were planning to go on 7th November. Would those dates still be possible for that deal? If so could you let me have details please? Thanks.

Hi

Has anyone been to the bonfire/fireworks during the week? We are planning to go on Monday 7th - surely it wouldn't be as busy then as at the weekend firework display? Also is it really that cold at the beginning of November? :cold:

Thanks

Rhiannon :wizard:

diberry - unfortunately the travel agent decided to give me last year's brochure (very helpful!) I only just noticed as it's written in teeny tiny letters that don't stand out at all. I'm researching this year's prices on the net, roughly the same deal (just 2 nights at Santa Fe, 3 days in the parks, direct Eurostar from London) is £209 if you depart on Nov 6th. The deal wasn't available for 3 nights. There's some great Christmas deals too (from £199 if I read it right.) Check out Leger Holidays for the full prices!

maleficent man - that central hub on NYE was officially the most crowded place I've ever been! Where about were you? We were right at the hub end of Main St almost trapped under a shop veranda! Did you see the enormous queue for the bus to Explorer's etc? That was the bus we had to catch and it was just madness!

Queenie said:
diberry - unfortunately the travel agent decided to give me last year's brochure (very helpful!) I only just noticed as it's written in teeny tiny letters that don't stand out at all. I'm researching this year's prices on the net, roughly the same deal (just 2 nights at Santa Fe, 3 days in the parks, direct Eurostar from London) is £209 if you depart on Nov 6th. The deal wasn't available for 3 nights. There's some great Christmas deals too (from £199 if I read it right.) Check out Leger Holidays for the full prices!

maleficent man - that central hub on NYE was officially the most crowded place I've ever been! Where about were you? We were right at the hub end of Main St almost trapped under a shop veranda! Did you see the enormous queue for the bus to Explorer's etc? That was the bus we had to catch and it was just madness!

Hee hee!! It was amazing to see - we ended up standing in the trees (but with a great view) just to the left of main street (on the little path that leads in Frontierland). When they finished, we walked against the crowd (sheer madness) and went on Big Thunder - it was amazing and everyone was cheering - we then walked straight onto Phantom Manor!! By the time we left, we walked through the Village back to our hotel - I can just imagine what it was like at the bus stops - I am going to have this issue in Oct - we are going for the Halloween party and will then have to get back to our hotel (Hotel du Moulin de Paris).

Nick

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter