• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bone stimulator for fracture? in parks? plane?

WaDiWo

WDWFan!
Hi all!

Anyone have any experiences with a bone stimulator? I have a femoral neck stress fracture, and have been on crutches for almost 2 months now. I just got a bone stimulator from my orthopedic surgeon, and it is supposed to help the bone heal.

If you've tried it before, is it suppose to fit snugly? Mine does not seem to fit tightly, and there seems to be some space between my skin and the stimulator. the rep said the electromagnetic waves should penetrate 7 inches though.

Anyone have any success with this? How about travelling with it, on the plane, and also in the parks? I'll be bringing it to walt disney world soon!

Any experiences or suggestions would be appreciated. thanks! pixiedust:

I've been using a bone growth stimulator for the last eight weeks for a broken fifth metatarsal bone in my right foot. I've also taken the stimulator with me on four different trips that involved a lot of flights (one to Germany, via London Heathrow) and multiple security checks. On my long-haul international flights, I did use the machine in order to keep with the order to treat once every 24 hours, but I was in business class and had lots of room.

My doctor told me that it doesn't have to fit snugly on my foot, just that my foot is between the two sides of the machine that generate the therapeutic energy. I only have to use it once / day, and so I didn't drag it around outside of my hotel room(s). I actually can't tell when the thing is on, it doesn't make any noise and I don't feel anything in my foot during treatment.

The instructions for mine say not to let it be x-rayed at an airport, but in Munich, I was told it had to be x-rayed or it would not be allowed past security, so it got x-rayed:confused3. It still appears to work just fine, so no apparent harm done.

Overall, it's been a non-issue for me, other than lugging it around the world as a carry-on. I just hope it's working!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter