Bon Voyage to Alaska on the Wonder – May 29 - DCL First-timers – Corks are meant to fly! COMPLETED

What a great trip report! Thank you so much! I am so excited to go in August now after reading your report!
Tracy's Crab shack is on our list too. I can't wait to try Tiana's too!

Great TR! Thanks for doing this-always fun to see people doing things you've done and enjoyed :) I think cruises should be labelled: warning-addictive. Can be harmful to the pocketbook :)

Cruise vs. Parks- I love the parks, but I did love cruising way more than I thought I would. Not only did I get my Disney fix, but I didn’t have to fight my way through as many crowds or book dining reservations 6 months in advance like the parks. I also thought the other guests were more pleasant than when navigating the parks. We booked a placeholder and are thinking early summer 2019 in Europe, but I don’t know if I can wait that long.

I know the feeling!

I expect many (most?) of us here know the feeling.

Fun trip report! I am soaking up all the Alaska/Vancouver info I can before we sail in June 2018. Lots of helpful info in here! DD12 has a lot of issues with loud noises (automatic flushers, fireworks, etc) and wasn't a big fan of Tiana's. I wasn't prepared for the noise there. Smart to bring those noise-canceling headphones in with you.

Quick question about the swinging bridge in Vancouver - was there an alternative (regular) bridge that you could use to bypass it, for those with mobility issues or nerves they can't get over? Or was that just some place you shouldn't go if someone in your party has mobility issues? tia

Quick question about the swinging bridge in Vancouver - was there an alternative (regular) bridge that you could use to bypass it, for those with mobility issues or nerves they can't get over? Or was that just some place you shouldn't go if someone in your party has mobility issues? tia

Cmph- I did not see any other bridge options. For someone with mobility issues, the park would probably not be of any fun. Every part had stairs as part of it as well!

Enjoy your trip in 2018!

Loved your trip report. I enjoyed "reliving" by cruise to Alaska that we took last year... and can you believe it's been almost a year and I'm still working on that darn trip report! LOL.

Thank you for writing your trip report! Very informative and I enjoyed watching it. :flower1:

Such a great trip report, thanks for sharing!

Cruise vs. Parks- I love the parks, but I did love cruising way more than I thought I would. Not only did I get my Disney fix, but I didn’t have to fight my way through as many crowds or book dining reservations 6 months in advance like the parks. I also thought the other guests were more pleasant than when navigating the parks. We booked a placeholder and are thinking early summer 2019 in Europe, but I don’t know if I can wait that long.

I know the feeling!

I expect many (most?) of us here know the feeling.

I hear you on this!! We just took our first ever cruise June 2-7 on the Dream and I enjoyed it way more than I thought I would. My husband is still a parks guy even after the cruise and I figured out why. I'M the one that does all the planning for our trips. He and the kids just go and enjoy. This was the first time I had a vacation that was so non-stressful for me. It was truly a relaxing getaway and I felt so spoiled. I still love the parks, but sometimes momma needs a break from the planning! So glad you had a wonderful trip!

Great report!! I'm looking forward to my trip with my family in July. Just wondering, do you know which characters you saw during the Pixar party and during the princess gathering? Thank you!

Great report!! I'm looking forward to my trip with my family in July. Just wondering, do you know which characters you saw during the Pixar party and during the princess gathering? Thank you!

Pixar we saw Sully, Woody, Mr. & Mrs. Incredible, and the Ratatouille rats. There may have been more, but we only stopped in for a few minutes.

The princesses included Cindy, Belle, Ariel and Tiana.

Enjoy your trip in July!

I thoroughly enjoyed your trip report.
Imagine my surprise to find another Disney family right where we live!
Boomer Sooner!

I thoroughly enjoyed your trip report.
Imagine my surprise to find another Disney family right where we live!
Boomer Sooner!

Jody- The crazy thing is that there were several OK folks on the ship too. I would be walking down the hall and see an OU shirt, and then there was an OSU family. Then one night before the show started my DH texted me that OU had just won their softball game and I mentioned it to my mom. Turns out the folks in front of us used to live in Norman and now come back yearly for football. What a small world we live in. Glad you enjoyed my report.

BOOMER SOONER!

I loved reading your trip report, Laura! We just got back on Monday and I just started writing my trip report. We had the same dinner rotation as you, and even the same dog musher! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter