Boma's Potatoes with Afritude recipe

piratesmate

<font color=red>Drah-gun! I don't do that tongue t
DS (20) really liked these and specifically asked me to request the recipe. Who would have thought that these were the only spices in it????

BTW - On some days while we were there, these potatoes also had large wedges of onion and green/red pepper in with them. At least that's what we remember. I wonder whether this is an evolving recipe, or just "whatever they have on hand" recipe?

POTATOES WITH AFRITUDE

Yield: 10 servings

Ingredients:

5 lbs. Red Skinned Potatoes (any variety of potato may be used)
2 ounces Olive Oil
3 T. Curry Powder
2 T. Turmeric
1 T. Garlic Powder
1 T. Paprika
To taste Salt and Pepper

Method:

Wash potatoes well, and cut into wedges. In a large bowl mix the spices and olive oil. Add the raw potatoes. Coat the potatoes with the spice mixture. Place the potatoes on a baking sheet, place in a preheated 350o oven and bake for 30 minutes.

Oh this sounds good and very easy to make. It reminds me of the soup mix potatoes that were the big hit a couple of years ago. The good thing about this version is that the salt level will be alot less.

We don't use much salt - at least not compared to our parents' cooking! However, potatoes are one thing on/in which I almost always put salt. When we had these at Boma's, I never thought about it. Either they have a heavy hand on the salt, or the other spices make up for it. I hope it's the latter!

I remember my grandfather salting everything he ate without even tasting it first! He would just pick up the salt shaker and start shaking.

But Piratesmate I would think with that blend of spices that the potatoes wouldn't need much added salt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter