Boma vs. Tusker House! Can't make up my mind!

Elizabeth Burnett

Earning My Ears
So for our upcoming trip I am having a tough time trying to decide between a dinner at Tusker House, or at Boma. I have heard that the selection of food and atmosphere is somewhat better at Boma, but Tusker House has the characters.

A few years ago we had the character breakfast at Tusker and it was just so amazing. It was the entire family's favorite that trip. I am having a hard time decided whether to try and have that experience again, only at dinner, or to try a new place and head over to Boma.

Tusker House would be my choice. Love the food, restaurant, characters, location. We were seriously underwhelmed by Boma and I'd only give it a second chance if I were on the dining plan bc it's super overpriced.

One thing that swung my vote this trip was the fact that you can book a ROL package with Tusker House. We're doing the DDP and that package can count as a TS credit, which is nice. Not sure if that helps you or not, but it did help me!

So for our upcoming trip I am having a tough time trying to decide between a dinner at Tusker House, or at Boma. I have heard that the selection of food and atmosphere is somewhat better at Boma, but Tusker House has the characters.

A few years ago we had the character breakfast at Tusker and it was just so amazing. It was the entire family's favorite that trip. I am having a hard time decided whether to try and have that experience again, only at dinner, or to try a new place and head over to Boma.
The restaurant adage is, "Location, location, location."

Boma is marginally better food than Tusker House.

But you have to get to/from Boma.

If you are driving yourself, maybe - MAYBE - Boma is a 'better' choice.

But if using Disney transportation, no way I'd recommend Boma....unless strolling through AKLodge is something that fits into your calculus. After all, while Mickey & Goofy are cool, live animals on the savannah may be even more impressive.

Of course, as another Dis'ser suggested, if staying at AKLodge, then the proverbial needle moves closer towards Boma.

But once you put Characters into the equation, seems as if Tusker House is better for your desires....unless staying at AKLodge or you really want to visit AKLodge.

Boma is a family favorite of ours. In my opinion totally worth going to AKL for it. We have had breakfast at Tusker before and although it was good, it hasn't become a must do for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter