Boma or 1900 departure day breakfast?

DWFamilyof6

Mouseketeer
Which would you recommend? Boma breakfast or 1900 breakfast for departure day. Our flight is later in the afternoon so time is not an issue. We have never been to AKL. We did eat at 1900 dinner last trip and enjoyed looking around the Grand Floridian. Our kids are 8, 7, 5 and 5. We are staying at AOA, so I'm not sure the best way to get to AKL if we choose Boma.

I would choose Boma if you've already been to 1900 and never been to AKL. AKL is a really cool resort and it's fun to check it out before/after your reservation. My family also really enjoyed the food at Boma much better than the food at 1900. To get there, depending on your reservation time, you can take a bus from your resort to the nearest park and then hop on a bus to AKL. But in the morning, that can be tricky. It might just be faster/easier to take a cab or an uber. Have fun!

I would choose Boma if you've already been to 1900 and never been to AKL. AKL is a really cool resort and it's fun to check it out before/after your reservation. My family also really enjoyed the food at Boma much better than the food at 1900. To get there, depending on your reservation time, you can take a bus from your resort to the nearest park and then hop on a bus to AKL. But in the morning, that can be tricky. It might just be faster/easier to take a cab or an uber. Have fun!
Thank you! I'm definitely leaning toward Boma. Trying to decide if the Characters make 1900 more appealing than checking out AKL.

Boma breakfast is awesome! You would be able to have all the standard buffet offerings plus some that are unique to this restaurant (e.g., oak grilled tomatoes and asparagus, goat cheese scrambled eggs, and french toast bread pudding with praline sauce are some of my favorites). Their coffee and juice are delicious too. And AKL is a fun resort to wander around with kids.

Boma breakfast is awesome! You would be able to have all the standard buffet offerings plus some that are unique to this restaurant (e.g., oak grilled tomatoes and asparagus, goat cheese scrambled eggs, and french toast bread pudding with praline sauce are some of my favorites). Their coffee and juice are delicious too. And AKL is a fun resort to wander around with kids.
Thank you! I booked the Boma ressie! I'm super excited to try it.

Thank you! I booked the Boma ressie! I'm super excited to try it.
Cool! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. It's turned into our departure day routine to have a late Boma breakfast before our 6.5 hr drive. We leave so full and satisfied that we rarely need to stop to eat on our way home (though we do have snacks and drinks packed in the car).

Re: transportation, if you want to use WDW system rather than Uber, just hop onto the first bus that arrives at your resort (doesn't matter which park), then transfer to an AKL bus upon reaching the park. For the first bus, if there are 2 that are similar in arrival time (per the boards) and AK is one of them, then choose it, because AK is only ~5 min away from AKL. Hope this makes sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter