Boma for Breakfast

maleficent1959

<font color=FF0033>200,000 DIS'ers can't be wrong.
Marjie J inspired me to get off my butt and post the recipes we got the last time we were at Boma:

CORNBEEF BOBOTIE

Yield: 8 servings

Ingredients:

2 pounds Corn beef, ground/chopped fine
1 pound Potatoes, shredded
1 each Onion, diced
8 each Eggs
2 T. Garlic chopped
1 cup Milk
2 T. Oil
2 T. Curry Powder
Dash Salt and Pepper

Method:

Make a custard mix of the eggs and milk. Set aside.

In the pan, heat oil. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add potato and curry powder. Cook for another 2 minutes. Add corn beef, stir well, and continue cooking for another 2 minutes. Place the ingredients in a small casserole dish. Top with the custard and bake in the oven at 325o until golden brown.

BREAKFAST PIZZA

Yield: 1 serving

Ingredients:

1 each Store-bought Pizza Crust
Scrambled Eggs

Method:

Take store-bought pizza crust. Add fresh cooked scrambled eggs. Top with your favorite topping and bake in a 350o oven.

Serving ideas: Toppings can be anything you wish: ham, bacon, peppers, mushrooms, or any cheese you like.

MEAT BOBOTIE

Yield: 8 servings

Ingredients:

1 ½ pounds Ground Beef
1 t. Garlic, chopped
2 T. Safflower Oil
¼ cup Almonds, flaked
¼ cup Raisins
¼ cup Golden Seedless Raisins
1 t. Curry Powder
1 each Cinnamon Stick
1 each Bay Leaf
2 T. Rice Vinegar
2 slices White Bread
¼ cup Milk

Method:

Heat up oil. Add onions and cook until onions caramelize. Reduce heat; add garlic, almonds, and raisins. Add all the dry spices and cook the spices well. Deglaze the pan with the vinegar or wine (wine may be used in place of the vinegar.) Add the ground meat and mix well. Cook the meat thoroughly. Taste and adjust the seasonings if necessary. Soak the bread in the milk and incorporate well with the rest of the mixture (bobotie). Taste. Add salt and pepper is needed.

Thanks for posting! I remembered the corned beef bobotie at breakfast. I liked it, but thought there was an aftertaste that I didn't especially like - at least for breakfast. I'll bet it was the curry. I think I'll try that one without the curry.

I can't remember if I had the meat bobotie while we were there. It sounds really good - except for the ground beef. (I've been having trouble digesting it - I think it's the fat content.) Anyway, I'll have to ponder that one . . . maybe with ham instead.

Thanks again!

d

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter