Bohemian Rhapsody (the movie)..... (spoilers?)

I'm glad Rami won the Golden Globe.
clap_zpsd8769fad.gif
I think this will be Rami's best role of his career. What other role will he ever have to be so big and sensational, yet so desperately vulnerable & lonely too? I'd love to see him so honored, sweeping the SAG Awards & the Oscars. (But, I think Christian Bale will win. But, possibly more because Hollywood wants to send a message to Washington than he is the best this year. :( Although, that might not be fair to say, as I haven't seen Christian's performance. And Hollywood so loves to see when actors transform themselves physically for a role as well as act it.)

If you've already seen the movie, here is a side by side comparison of Freddie Mercury and Rami's performance of him at the Live Aid concert. (If you haven't seen it yet, WAIT till you've seen the movie, It is worth the wait.) Rami had said he worked with a movement coach throughout the movie. I think that person deserves a special oscar too. :thumbsup2

I think Rami's future will be in playing more socially awkward characters, just not as big. Here's a moment of him in real life at the Golden Globes. He had just won the GG for Best Actor and was just offstage, as Bohemian Rhapsody was named Best Picture. Still in shock, he joins the producers & Queen band members onstage. Watch as he tries to talk to Nicole, as I *think* she didn't realize it was Rami. But, probably thought a GG usher had come from the side of the stage to move her off from center stage. Poor Rami! :blush: :lmao:

ICAM with you, Imzadi! I also saw Bohemian Rhapsody twice. It's been a loong time sincw I've seen a movie twicw in the theaters, but I loved this movie so much I had to.

I must say that I'm so, so happy that Rami Malek got to play Freddie instead of Cohen! He is PERFECT for the role!

Love the music, have heard the movie is fantastic, still haven't had the time to catch it.

@Imzadi, the fact the movie is supposed to be about the band, not a Freddie bio is the reason those behind the project, including the other members of Queen, stepped in and removed SBC when he attempted to co opt the project to focus on Freddie, apparently in a very sensationalized way as well. As talented as Freddie was one of the biggest reasons Queen was and is so successful was the immense talent of all of them coming together -- definitely much more than the sum of the parts.

Sasah Baron Cohen, I think, thought of the movie as "SASHA BARON COHEN as Freddie and that band that played backup," whereas Rami Malek seems to have thought about it as a movie about Freddie Mercury, Brian May, Roger Taylor, and John Deacon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter