BOG reservations?

I was trying for the 19th. No way am I calling right now....those wait times are crazy.

This stuff bugs me. Happens all the time when new things open... Disney clearly doesn't respect our time in the least. They know they'll fill up no matter what (like the F&W events which almost always seem to have some sort of booking train wreck), so who cares! Ugh.

That is why the person I had first said then I asked her to dig further and if she could ask why they weren't loaded when they made an announcement yet and she came back with they will be closed Aug 20-25. Which I don't think I believe so will try back in a bit.

Wow. I just got the same information about a refurbishment closing the restaurant from August 20-25, just like Happy99 did. I questioned further, and she said they just got the memo today that the restaurant will be closed completely during those dates. I asked, so the new prix fixe menu is starting July 27, and they are changing to that and then closing for refurbishment AFTER that? She just said that's what they've been told.

Can't speak to other dates outside of August 20-25, didnt ask was too blindsided. Ugh, oh well

Wow. I just got the same information about a refurbishment closing the restaurant from August 20-25, just like Happy99 did. I questioned further, and she said they just got the memo today that the restaurant will be closed completely during those dates. I asked, so the new prix fixe menu is starting July 27, and they are changing to that and then closing for refurbishment AFTER that? She just said that's what they've been told.

Can't speak to other dates outside of August 20-25, didnt ask was too blindsided. Ugh, oh well
Yeah... even if that's the case (which would seem really odd to me), I'm looking for Aug 6-17 -- still no dinner.

Why not try online
I have been trying online and will continue to try. Unfortunately for me last week when I tried to make all my other reservations I needed to call since I kept getting the sorry for the paws message......the person on the phone simply said they have been having technical issues ......

Thanks. Did they give any idea about when it might load up? X

Unfortunately no...a new memo came in WHILE I was on the call from the supervisor (which gave me a little hope...she said "wait, hold on...I'm getting something") but the memo was to say that the planned inventory load didn't happen, and to keep trying back as they do not know when it will happen. I was checking for August 26th.

So that may now make the 19th hard to get ....I feel like Pooh bear....oh bother.......

Just called and they said dinner will not be available 8/20-8/25, said refurbishment but not sure I believed her. Anyone else get that same answer?

We just tried for lunch on 8/21, we were told that BOG will be closed from 8/20 to 8/25, no breakfast, lunch or dinner. Our DD will not be happy. Oh well

We just tried for lunch on 8/21, we were told that BOG will be closed from 8/20 to 8/25, no breakfast, lunch or dinner. Our DD will not be happy. Oh well
Now I’m wondering if it’s worth trying for dinner before the refurb? Are we going to have a halfway house before they spruce things up after the 25th and still have to pay signature prices for the pleasure?

This makes sense. In addition to dinners, the breakfasts and lunches have been blocked for that whole week since at least 2 days ago when I made my ADRs. I've been checking obsessively. I called at exactly 7 today and got through in about 10 minutes. There was nothing on 8/23 all day. When I asked about 8/25 she said the earliest she had was a 10am. I have also seen other times as early as 9:05 on 9/25. My guess is that that if this closing 8/20-8/25 is true, they are planning on opening at 9. I asked if they were taking dinner reservations on those days and she said yes. I should have tried to make one for research purposes but by that time I was just sick of all of the runaround. She definitely seemed to be sticking to talking points and this may have been before agents got a memo. I was off the phone by about 7:15.

Same results.
Phone wait was estimated at 2 hours but got through in 25 minutes. No news on their end. will keep trying throughout the day and let you know if I get lucky.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts