BOG pleasantly surprised!

theOCdisney

Mouseketeer
We are a group of 10, seven adults and three children. After being underwhelmed and in one case disgusted with the food this trip at WDW we went tonight to BOG. It completely exceeded our expectations. From the moment we walked up to the check-in to leaving we had a wonderful experience. The food was so much better than expected and the service was outstanding. When one of our grandsons was disappointed with his appetizer the waiter offered and brought him something entirely different.

We did a split stay and today was the transition day. When we were seated our new TS credits didn’t show up on our magic bands. I told the server to charge it to my magic band and I would straighten it out at the resort. At the end of the meal our server said the restaurant manager called our resort and was able to have them activate our credits! That was way above and beyond what was expected.

I had the salad and filet mignon, which was cooked perfectly. I read prior to going that the quality of beef was inferior but that was not my experience. Others at our table had the scallops...fair and pasta...nothing special. The children’s mac and cheese was very good. The cheese appetizer was very good. We all thoroughly enjoyed the dessert; not necessarily for the taste, which was good, but the creativity factor.

We were seated in the ballroom and walked through the other rooms to see them. Although it is ridiculously expensive, it was a highlight of the week so far.

We are a group of 10, seven adults and three children. After being underwhelmed and in one case disgusted with the food this trip at WDW we went tonight to BOG. It completely exceeded our expectations. From the moment we walked up to the check-in to leaving we had a wonderful experience. The food was so much better than expected and the service was outstanding. When one of our grandsons was disappointed with his appetizer the waiter offered and brought him something entirely different.

We did a split stay and today was the transition day. When we were seated our new TS credits didn’t show up on our magic bands. I told the server to charge it to my magic band and I would straighten it out at the resort. At the end of the meal our server said the restaurant manager called our resort and was able to have them activate our credits! That was way above and beyond what was expected.

I had the salad and filet mignon, which was cooked perfectly. I read prior to going that the quality of beef was inferior but that was not my experience. Others at our table had the scallops...fair and pasta...nothing special. The children’s mac and cheese was very good. The cheese appetizer was very good. We all thoroughly enjoyed the dessert; not necessarily for the taste, which was good, but the creativity factor.

We were seated in the ballroom and walked through the other rooms to see them. Although it is ridiculously expensive, it was a highlight of the week so far.
That's nice to hear because I love BoG and it always seems to have a bad rap.

I LOVE BOG! A must-do every trip for me. It gets a lot of hate that I've just never understood. Glad you enjoyed it!

I LOVE BOG! A must-do every trip for me. It gets a lot of hate that I've just never understood. Glad you enjoyed it!

Some complain just to complain!......................

Glad you enjoyed it as we did book an ADR for our upcoming Aug trip and am looking forward to it......thanks for taking the time and posting!

I am glad you had a much better experience than my family did but it when I review a lot of places I tell people not to rely completely on any of the reviews. To really make up your mind about a place you have to try it. We had a very bad experience but we love Ohana and a lot of people on this board hate the place.

We have never had a bad experience at BOG yet, but I would never count out a restaurant I like just because of one bad experience. I usually give a place two chances.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter