• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BOG lunch with food allergies

czmom

DIS Veteran
So we finally scored a lunch FP for our trip next month. Yay! I did not preorder our food because I have several food allergies. How is this handled during lunch at BOG?

And if anyone knows- is this restaurant good at working with food allergies? Unfortunately I have several (very recently diagnosed so this is all new to me). We also have a dinner ADR there.

Thanks! :goodvibes

You can preorder food and there was a click box for the most common allergies. They checked with us again when we checked in.

We ate there in August . My daughter is gluten free and her only option was for lunch was the turkey sandwich on gluten free bread or potato soup. She had the sandwich and said it was awful. My friend had the soup and said it was good.

I have several allergies including dairy and shellfish. I did not preorder and spoke with the chef and was glad I did. Something I thought would be off limits could be modified so I could have it (French Onion Soup) by leaving off the cheese covered toast. I also had seared tuna that was awesome. My husband on the other hand was not impressed with his roast beef sandwich and said the one we had from Earl Of Sandwich was better

I'm fish/shellfish. I loved how easy it was. They just touched a screen to indicate my allergies and it showed me what choices I could have. I had the roast beef sandwich and thought it was really good. I also had the Master's Cupcake. Yum! I wish they were all that easy.

If you have more than one allergy they will have the Chef come out and go through the ordering process with you. Depending on what you are allergic to and your Chef on any any given day, your options will change.

My DS is D, E, PN, TN, banana and gluten and they had severe options for him. Unfortunately the only reaction he had while dining at Disney was at BOG. I haven't figured it out yet and it was a minor reaction but the 2 hour wait to see if it was going to turn into something really stunk. That said, in allergy land, I have only heard of a hand full of issues at BOG so I think we just had an off day :(

Thanks everyone! I have multiple (corn, wheat, dairy, soy, sesame and peanut). Plus I am a vegetarian. Better wait for a chef when we arrive!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter