BOG during Very Merry Christmas?

PedsRN2213

Earning My Ears
My daughters high school band will be marching in the 3pm parade November 8th and we will be spending all day in MK. I really want to eat at BOG and the only time I can get a reservation is during the Very Merry Christmas Party, at 7:45pm. This is our first time going to Disney, our kids are older, will be 16 and 12 when we go. I keep hearing that it isn’t worth it to eat a meal during this time. However, we will be spending all day in MK, out kids are older and staying up until midnight is not a big deal. I have also heard that the later times for the shows and the parade are less busy as well. So would it be worth it? How long does a typical dinner take at BOG? Will it be overly busy at BOG? I just want to make sure that we will be able to enjoy ourselves. Besides the parade at 3pm and a couple rides at MK, we do not have a lot of plans, so I anticipate us being able to get in line for at least one of the big character meet n greets prior to our BOG reservation.

Allow at least 90 minutes for dinner. Which makes it a very pricey dinner once you factor in the price of the meal and the extra cost of the party ticket. What time is the parade and fireworks? You will most likely miss both.

7:45 is a fairly safe bet. The later parade isn’t until 11:00. Since you’ll have both a park ticket and special event ticket that day you’ll be able to be in line to catch apme
Characters, eat, and still have plenty of Time to enjoy the party.

It would not be worth it for my family, but it may be for yours. Personally, I woudl try to get and ADR for lunch.

We are doing the parade package at Tony's for lunch, only because our daughter is a band that will be marching in the 1400 parade. I kinda thought that since we will be there all day, that we could get in line for a character or two prior to the reservation and then be able to enjoy the rest of the party after a much-needed break/dinner. I think if I had younger children I would not do this. However, there are a couple of things that we will be skipping during the party and we do not plan on riding rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter