BoG Breakfast Prices

darkpixie08

Mouseketeer
Could someone kindly fill me in on why BoG breakfast costs $28 a plate for scrambled eggs and french toast? Am I just missing a key feature of the breakfast? I made the reservation because we wanted to see the castle, but I just looked at the menu prices, and it caught me a bit off guard. I don't mind paying if it's actually worthwhile, but I'll admit I'm a bit confused at this level of pricing for a quick service meal.

Could someone kindly fill me in on why BoG breakfast costs $28 a plate for scrambled eggs and french toast? Am I just missing a key feature of the breakfast? I made the reservation because we wanted to see the castle, but I just looked at the menu prices, and it caught me a bit off guard. I don't mind paying if it's actually worthwhile, but I'll admit I'm a bit confused at this level of pricing for a quick service meal.

Popularity of the restaurant is the biggest reason. People want to see inside the castle, but also it's a "cheap" place to get a PPO breakfast and get a head start on the crowds.

It is still QS, so you don't have to all order something. You can share. You can get just a cupcake and coffee. You can get kid's meals (pricing isn't much better).

I would try to go to lunch instead to get in and see the castle. You can choose off the menu, and get a better value for your money IMHO. My favorites are the potato leek soup and orange eclair! It is also a nice break from the park in the middle of the day.

I would opt for lunch. Lunch is less expensive than breakfast by around $10 per entree. I did the breakfast last year and the only plus side to getting a breakfast reservation was if you get an early enough reservation like 8am when the park opens up at 9am we were able to ride SDMT before the park opened up plus we were able to stand in line for Peter Pan so that when 9am came around we were one of the first to ride without any wait.

Last edited:
BOG breakfast is one of the most overpriced meals there, which is why its a good deal on the dining plan. Most people book it to see the castle or try to ride 7 Dwarfs before the crowds.

I much prefer lunch, especially paying oop. However, as others mentioned, you don’t half to get a $28 entree. You could get a kids meal or a cupcake and coffee.

I wonder if part of it is because it is such a "good" value for a quick service credit on the dining plan that they are overwhelmed with diners eating on credits and there are relatively few people paying out of pocket, so they have to charge the out of pocket guests more to be profitable.

But most likely what other people said: people will pay A LOT to see the inside of the Beast's castle, and the PPO reservation that essentially includes a fastpass to 7DMT is another big draw. Look at what they charge for Early Morning Magic--the demand to get in the parks early and ride 7DMT is off the charts. They could probably charge twice that and still get guests to pay for mediocre food in the castle... oh wait, that is what they are already doing at dinner ;)

I wonder if part of it is because it is such a "good" value for a quick service credit on the dining plan that they are overwhelmed with diners eating on credits and there are relatively few people paying out of pocket, so they have to charge the out of pocket guests more to be profitable.

But most likely what other people said: people will pay A LOT to see the inside of the Beast's castle, and the PPO reservation that essentially includes a fastpass to 7DMT is another big draw. Look at what they charge for Early Morning Magic--the demand to get in the parks early and ride 7DMT is off the charts. They could probably charge twice that and still get guests to pay for mediocre food in the castle... oh wait, that is what they are already doing at dinner ;)

Well, originally it was supposed to be everyone ordered an entree. But they never enforced it, so you have groups getting ADRs and ordering one cupcake to split between them and maybe coffee (if they didn't stop at Starbucks on their way back).

Why dine there? You're inside Beast's castle. Plus if early enough you can get a jump start on Fantasyland.

If paying OOP breakfast isn't that great of a deal. We do breakfast but often split meals because when combined with the pastries is enough. So for our group fo 6 we will order 3 or 4 platters to share. But do this ONLY when on the QS dining plan.

They screwed this one up by announcing it prix fixe and then allowing guests to order how little or much as they wanted. So we have lots of tables in a big, huge overhead expense restaurant spending a few dollars per person by sharing or doing the cupcake routine .....................

SO the folks who are actually buying breakfast and eating have to pay more to cover the losses incurred by those who are not spending but taking up space.

Disney has now fixed this at dinner time ............ I wish they would fix the breakfast. If everyone has to pay then they could actually drop the price way down where it started.

I just booked the new Plaza breakfast. I will pay MUCH less, for what looks like more food, get waited on AND I can get that meal discounted with TIW or AP ... making it about half the cost of BOG.

Last edited:
I just booked the new Plaza breakfast. I will pay MUCH less, for what looks like more food, get waited on AND I can get that meal discounted with TIW or AP ... making it about half the cost of BOG.

AND it looks like much BETTER food too. The quality of breakfast at BoG would be embarrassing to me if I worked there.

Disney has now fixed this at dinner time ............ I wish they would fix the breakfast. If everyone has to pay then they could actually drop the price way down where it started.

They COULD but you know they WON'T esp with DDP people filling seats.

Are there reviews/menus out for the Plaza yet?

Thanks everyone. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't some feature or additional service that I was missing. We'll figure out if we want to keep the reservation or perhaps try someplace else.

To be quite honest, if the menu at BoG were more like the menu at the Plaza, I'd pay the $10 premium to "eat at the castle" and have drink and pastries be included... but the food quality at BoG looks nowhere near what it is at Plaza!

That said, we are doing the DDP first half of split trip and are doing BoG on a morning when we needed to have breakfast anyway because, why not? if you're going to spend a QS on breakfast might as well do something I'd never pay OOP for. It DOES look a bit better than standard QS options if you choose the right thing but I'd rather a bennie or steak and eggs ;)

To be quite honest, if the menu at BoG were more like the menu at the Plaza, I'd pay the $10 premium to "eat at the castle" and have drink and pastries be included... but the food quality at BoG looks nowhere near what it is at Plaza!

That said, we are doing the DDP first half of split trip and are doing BoG on a morning when we needed to have breakfast anyway because, why not? if you're going to spend a QS on breakfast might as well do something I'd never pay OOP for. It DOES look a bit better than standard QS options if you choose the right thing but I'd rather a bennie or steak and eggs ;)

I would pay the premium as well. It is sad though because the food was really good initially. The pastry plate was filled with freshly baked French pastries. Now? The last time I had breakfast there it was a plate of worse than grocery store brand packaged pastry, and some were cut in half. Gross.

I would pay the premium as well. It is sad though because the food was really good initially. The pastry plate was filled with freshly baked French pastries. Now? The last time I had breakfast there it was a plate of worse than grocery store brand packaged pastry, and some were cut in half. Gross.

I'm looking forward to giving it a try on plan because I sure as heck would not pay those prices off! My kid will leave there on a sugar high between that and the cronut.

If you're on a dining plan, it's a great use of a quick service meal due to the cost. I wouldn't pay OOP to eat breakfast there. It's not THAT GREAT inside.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!