Body glide question

JodyLynC

DIS Veteran
We are going to be in WDW for 8 days. There are 4 of us. I'm planning on getting some Body Glide or similar product for thigh chafing and for our feet. I am wondering how much I should get. For those of you who use body glide, how much do you purchase and how long does it last? Does it need to be reapplied through out the day. Any tips on using the product are appreciated.

Thanks!

We use a different brand all the time after it was recommended by the folks at the local runners store. It is waterproof so it doesn't wash off easily in the pool or from sweating. It comes in an old school roll-on applicator and one tube will be more than enough for the family for the trip. I usually get it from amazon, brand is 2Toms Sport Shield Roll-On.

https://www.amazon.com/2Toms-Sport-...d=1498421520&sr=8-42&keywords=anti+chafe&th=1

We use body glide, mainly on my son at the beach. He coats his stomach, bathing suit waist band and thighs. I put it between the thighs...yep fat thighs....for our 12 day beach vacation, I never go thru one. But I bring 2 just in case.

And I don't reapply, unless I shower.

They are pretty tiny but we hardly made a dent I one with two people using it on feet for 7 days

I bought a stick of Body Glide for our family to use, primarily for chaffing on thighs but feet and other areas possible as well. As I was applying it for a trial run (actually a walk to the park) it occurred to me that everyone might not want to share a single applicator. It goes on basically like deodorant, rubbing directly onto the skin. If you wouldn't want to share a single deodorant with your whole family, then you might have the same 'eww' sensation sharing one stick of Body Glide.

Yep, what DisMommyTX said. Men, especially, may want to have a personal stick of Body Glide, because of where they often use it.

BodyGlide is sweat-resistant under most conditions. (FYI, certain fish are attracted to the version that also contains sunscreen. I've had situations where I have been at the beach and have had lots of little bait fish tickling the heck out of my feet.) You won't use it up quickly unless you leave it in direct sun in a car or something, in which case it may melt. (If it does, it reconstitutes at low room temp, but the stick can end up hard to open if that happens.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter