Boats from Epcot to DTD

emailbrittny

Mouseketeer
Ok so we have my grandfather with us and he will have a wheelchair or EVC. We are staying off property and looking for a good and fun route to DTD that is wheelchair/EVC accesible.

We get dropped off at Epcot is there a nice boat route to DTD with wheelchair ramps? Please let me know if anyone has any tips or routes!

We are willing to take some time to get there so if its a nice route and we can enjoy the magic longer that is totally fine with us :wizard:

Thanks all!

Ok so we have my grandfather with us and he will have a wheelchair or EVC. We are staying off property and looking for a good and fun route to DTD that is wheelchair/EVC accesible.

We get dropped off at Epcot is there a nice boat route to DTD with wheelchair ramps? Please let me know if anyone has any tips or routes!

We are willing to take some time to get there so if its a nice route and we can enjoy the magic longer that is totally fine with us :wizard:

Thanks all!

There is not a boat from Epcot to DTD.

The Epcot boats go to the Studios and the Epcot Resort hotels.

There is boat service from POFR/POR and OKW to DTD. There is also boat service from SSR to DTD.

as an addition to the PP information, the boats from POR/FQ etc and the friendship boats from Epcot are all wheelchair assessable:)

There is not a boat from Epcot to DTD.

The Epcot boats go to the Studios and the Epcot Resort hotels.

There is boat service from POFR/POR and OKW to DTD. There is also boat service from SSR to DTD.

So could I take the Epcot monorail to the ferry, then ferry to MK. Then board the boats to POFR/POR or SSR to DTD? Which is the nicest liesure ride?

So could I take the Epcot monorail to the ferry, then ferry to MK. Then board the boats to POFR/POR or SSR to DTD? Which is the nicest liesure ride?

No. From MK you would need to take a bus to get to POFR/POR or SSR. Then you could take a boat to DTD.

The boats do not go from MK to POFR/POR or SSR.

You would have to take a bus to get to one of those - and that could be very time consuming.

If you just want a nice boat ride in the DTD area I would drive to DTD and then maybe take the boat up to POR and then back again.

Liz

If you are at Epcot, I would catch a bus to POR or POFQ and then catch the boat from there to DTD. Or if you are driving, just drive over to one of those two resorts and then catch the boat from there.

Resorts that are accessible to/from Downtown Disney via boat:
Port Orleans — French Quarter
Port Orleans — Riverside
Old Key West Resort
Saratoga Springs Resort

You indicated that you would be dropped off at Epcot so I am guessing this is an off-site shuttle from where you are staying. If Epcot is the only drop off location and you want to get to Downtown Disney via Disney transporations, then your best bet would be to transfer from where you are dropped off to one of the Disney buses to one of these four resorts. Then from that resort take the ferry to Downtown Disney.

Resorts that are accessible to/from Downtown Disney via boat:
Port Orleans — French Quarter
Port Orleans — Riverside
Old Key West Resort
Saratoga Springs Resort

You indicated that you would be dropped off at Epcot so I am guessing this is an off-site shuttle from where you are staying. If Epcot is the only drop off location and you want to get to Downtown Disney via Disney transporations, then your best bet would be to transfer from where you are dropped off to one of the Disney buses to one of these four resorts. Then from that resort take the ferry to Downtown Disney.

Thanks that will work out perfect!!

We will take a bus from Epcot to one of the POR/POFQ and then take the boat to DTD. I think this would be the longest ride from a hotel to DTD...right? :confused3

Thanks that will work out perfect!!

We will take a bus from Epcot to one of the POR/POFQ and then take the boat to DTD. I think this would be the longest ride from a hotel to DTD...right? :confused3

I am not sure the goal here-but if you want a nice ride, have you considered the monorail?

If you are at Epcot, you can ride the monorail to the TTC (Ticket and Transportation center). I think it is 13 miles. You can then hop off and reboard the Epcot monorail. That trip will actually take you into Epcot (no ticket required) and give you a "birds eye view" of Future World.

From the TTC you could also ride the resort loop monorail and "resort hop" a bit. Each hotel has shops and the monorail is ECV/Wheelchair friendly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter