Boatride to OKW?

mitchinson

Mouseketeer
We've taken the boatride from Riverside to Downtown Disney several times and really enjoyed it. Thru a recent thread I've discovered there is a boat to OKW you can get at Downtown Disney. Never been there and would like to check it out. Does anyone know where to get this boat?

The boat travels every 20-30 minutes from OKW to DD. It holds 12 people(I think). It leaves from the Hospitality House at OKW and drops off at the far end of DD(by the Disney Store).
I am pretty sure it runs from 10:00 am to 10 pm.It is a very relaxing and scenic ride.
;)
P.S. there is no charge ($) for the ride.

Indeed, it does look like a very nice ride. I am always seeing the boat running as I drive down Peninsular road. Keep meaning to just take a joy ride one of these days. :)

Someone else told me that the bus starts at noon. I'd much rather take it in the late morning if it does start at 10:00. Can anyone check?

When we were there in late September the boat didn't start until noon. Don't know if that changes during busier times!

Did a little research and found out the boat doesn't start until 12:00 noon.;)

We enjoy the ride and you always meet some great folks and have some great conversations.:D

We are DVD members and havent ridden the boat many times. THe drivers are great, such fun, and very friendly. Especially Manuel and Eddie they have been there for years. The boat only holds 12 and they pick up at the dock right by the rain forest cafe.

Thanks for all your replies. Will have to add this to our "new things to do" list. It's fun to do something that you haven't done on a previous trip...keeps things interesting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter