Boat to MK and timing

VTGirlinNC

Earning My Ears
Hi there! We are currently offsite in a Hilton, but we arrive to the fort on Thursday for our 1st tent camping experience at Disney! We are so excited to be close to MK. This morning, it took us an hour to get from the TTC into the park (around 8:45 am). So, my question is this: If the park opens at 8:00, what time do we need to be at the boat dock in order to be there for rope drop? Is there an insane line to get a boat? It’s spring break and the lines are crazy.

Hi there! We are currently offsite in a Hilton, but we arrive to the fort on Thursday for our 1st tent camping experience at Disney! We are so excited to be close to MK. This morning, it took us an hour to get from the TTC into the park (around 8:45 am). So, my question is this: If the park opens at 8:00, what time do we need to be at the boat dock in order to be there for rope drop? Is there an insane line to get a boat? It’s spring break and the lines are crazy.
The boat for MK will start running at 730. If you're going Friday morning, there is extra magic hour so the boat starts running at 630 for the 7 am emh. I highly recommend 7 am emh. It's so early but so worth it. I think we made it to the boat dock at 615 and got on the first boat headed to mk.

VTGirlinNC,

You can also catch the smaller boat off the right side of the dock that runs to the Contemporary Resort and walk to the MK (which is what we like to do). That boat starts at 630am to take folks over to the CR for breakfast. After you walk past the CR and its parking lot and cross World Drive, you will encounter the Security gate/metal detectors on the sidewalk which goes very quickly.

From there it's a smooth walk to the MK gate.

If you take the big boat from the left side of the dock that starts 30 minutes before opening, you go through Security once you get off the boat on the pier in front of MK. Again though, it's quick.

Bama Ed

I second the smaller boat to the Contemporary that begins around 630am. It is the way I go when I need to get to the park early. The walk from Contemporary to MK is about 10 minutes and very easy.

We do rope drop always but you pretty much have to get on the first boat over. Usually, that means the resort boat and walk except for the rare ocasión that the MK boat is in sight. Security will also be MUCH quicker than at the TTC. I love that boat ride early in the morning. As for the end of the night or other times, I’ve had great experiences and horrible over an hour wait experiences. It still beats a bus :)

We do rope drop always but you pretty much have to get on the first boat over. Usually, that means the resort boat and walk except for the rare ocasión that the MK boat is in sight. Security will also be MUCH quicker than at the TTC. I love that boat ride early in the morning. As for the end of the night or other times, I’ve had great experiences and horrible over an hour wait experiences. It still beats a bus :)
I will second the "Pretty much have to get on the first boat" particularly if it's the larger one going to the MK (as opposed to the Resort boat).

If you don't make the first boat to MK then you will not likely make it to Rope Drop and if you do make it, you will be in the BACK of the crowd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!