Boat from POR to DD

DJBounce

DIS Veteran
I have read in earlier posts that the boat from POR (formerly Dixie Landings) has been discontinued. I would like to hear from any one "in the know" as to whether or not this will remain. I'm sure that it has to do with the FQ being closed temporarily. We are going in June and would love a nice relaxing boat ride to DD now and then. Thanks!!!

we had breakfast at the food court one morning when we were staying at okw 2 weeks ago. it was dead so i was talking to a cm. i asked about the boats because the 2 times we stayed at port orleans we really enjoyed taking the boat to dd. he said they are being sold that downtown disney was paying for them and they are not anymore . so they are not coming back okw still has the boat to dd ..

The transportation group that operated the Sassagoulla River Cruise still exists. Some of its members have been permanently reassigned to other areas, but others are still "badged" to the boat operation. This is a good sign.

Also, the manager of the operation is working hard behind the scenes to reinstate the cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!