Boat Charter from Grand Cayman or Cozumel?

We did Grand Cayman this past Novemebr on a private charter. SOOO many great options and sights to see. Stingray City, Starfish point, Snorkeling, reef fishing. You name it you want to do it at the Cayman. I don't think Cozumel has the same diversity around their island.

We did Grand Cayman this past Novemebr on a private charter. SOOO many great options and sights to see. Stingray City, Starfish point, Snorkeling, reef fishing. You name it you want to do it at the Cayman. I don't think Cozumel has the same diversity around their island.
Who did you use? What did you do?

Private boat charter - any recommendations?

We used Crazy Crab charters and would recommend them. But, we booked ahead of time. There are some vendors in the port areas selling excursions when you get off the boat. But, I don’t know if any of them were private boats. For an experience like that, as it will be costly, I would definitely do a little bit of research and book ahead.

Who did you use? What did you do?
We used https://caymansnorkelco.com/ and used the Escape Hatch for our family of 4. They will customize their agenda for you, and we did to a degree. They normally do a stop at stingray city, a stop at starfish point (with a lunch), and reef snorkeling (with an eel).

We had them pick up a lunch tray and beer for us for lunch we could enjoy on the boat (which we shared with the captain and mate). Then we changed the itinerary. We fishing trawled nice and slow out to sting ray city, then we trawled out beyond the breaker for fishing and dove for Conchs along the way. Finally we sped to starfish point before returning home. We purposefully did not do swimming activities since we had a 14 month old, a 6 year old who doesn't swim well, and a wife who doesn't like the open ocean. We had an enjoyable time on the excursion. Their other boat allows a tow-behind tube that is an option if that interest you as well.

They have the mate pick you up right outside the port and transfer you to and from the marina, which is a 10 minute drive if I had to guess.

Last year we did the half day charter on the catamaran with http://sailwithfriendscayman.com/ and it was AMAZING! You will have to book in advance. We got off the ship as early as possible, and then they managed to keep us ahead of the crowds at stingray city and starfish point, and avoided some bad weather that came in that day. We arranged ahead of time what drinks and snacks we wanted and they had them ready when we arrived. They have all the snorkling equipment you need (good quality stuff too). They were able to coax an eel out while we were snorkling. They helped keep the kids together with the group while we were snorkling. Look them up on tripadvisor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!