Boardwalk Villas

akghutton

DIS Veteran
To those who have stayed at the Boardwalk Villas recently, how are the rooms holding up?
BWV is our home resort, but we've been trying out other DVC resorts during our last few trips. We're looking to go back to the Boardwalk for our next trip and are curious about how the rooms are looking. Our last stay there, they were looking a bit worn.
Thank you for any and all replies! :)

Enjoy them while they are still newish. It looks like it will be awhile before BWV will be refreshed again.

• 2019 - Saratoga Springs (Full refurb)
  • 2020 – Aulani (Refresh)
  • 2021 – Hilton Head (Full refurb)
  • 2021 – Grand Floridian (Refresh)
  • 2021 – Boulder Ridge (Full refurb)
  • 2022 – Polynesian (Refresh)

Thank you for the replies! We love BWV and can't wait to go "home" again. Thank you also for the refurbishment schedule. Definitely good to know when planning future trips!

Thank you for the replies! We love BWV and can't wait to go "home" again. Thank you also for the refurbishment schedule. Definitely good to know when planning future trips!
DVC recently revised the refurbishment frequency. The new schedule has work being done on the rooms every 7 years (alternating between soft goods and hard goods refurbishments).

To those who have stayed at the Boardwalk Villas recently, how are the rooms holding up?
BWV is our home resort, but we've been trying out other DVC resorts during our last few trips. We're looking to go back to the Boardwalk for our next trip and are curious about how the rooms are looking. Our last stay there, they were looking a bit worn.
Thank you for any and all replies! :)

Last stayed there in June of 2018 and march of 2019.....room was very clean and well kept. The dishwasher may have been broken as i think it only had cold water, but we never actually needed it.

Stayed one night this past week after our OKW stay, studio was very well maintained, immaculate! So convenient for our F&W day! Looking forward to returning mid September! :D

Arrived today on the 15th around 730 AM. Went to park came back at 400PM room was not available. I then checked back around 440 and still nor available, they then gave me a 100 voucher. That was nice but all I want is my room. Just check again at 546PM and room is still not ready. My wife kid and i are beat and falling asleep in the lobby. So far i would give BW a 5 out of 10 star rating. One cast member offered me a voucher and that was nice but I just want to use the shower and relax. I dont feel at home now. I guess with the price of DVC points you expect flawless magic experience.

BWV is our home, stayed in 1 bedroom units in Oct, and again in Nov. First time, room was on the end nearer HS, second time, the farthest you can go on the opposite wing. Rooms were great both times, no issues with anything related to maintenance, no wear/tear, etc. We did have ants in Oct, in the sink/kitchen counter, but after I picked up the crumbs, etc. that had been left out, the ants were gone quickly. After that no issues. Enjoy!!

We were there in October and all in all things were in pretty good shape, a few minor issues. The biggest problem we had was with the WiFi. We were the last room in the hall which was actually a great location, between both pools and by the stairs BUT the WiFi worked about 50% the time. That being said, I would totally stay there again!

We were there in October and all in all things were in pretty good shape, a few minor issues. The biggest problem we had was with the WiFi. We were the last room in the hall which was actually a great location, between both pools and by the stairs BUT the WiFi worked about 50% the time. That being said, I would totally stay there again!
Does Disney WiFi ever work more than 50% of the time? It always seems to be hit or miss.

Arrived today on the 15th around 730 AM.
So frustrating when the room is not ready at 4 and they can't tell you when it will be available. What time did you finally get in? And out of curiosity, what category of room were you waiting on?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!