Boardwalk Villas-Sucessful "travel with" request

palhockeymomof2

DIS Veteran
Just wanted to post our experience this week at BWV.
Booked 4 villas standard view (1-2br & 3 studios) ...added travel with to all rooms.... checked in Sunday 5/21.... the 3 studios were next to each other- all were dedicated...and the 2 br was 2 rooms away...So great job by the room assigners......had a wonderful stay even with the rain....unfortunately leaving today

we've used "travel with" once at AKL and our value studios were right next to each other. so we are 100%

Nice to read that things worked out. Any idea on what work is going on at the resort that would cause boardwalk view rooms to be closed?

:earsboy: Bill

Bill...there isn't any work being done on the outside that I could see....we didn't walk down the hallways by the boardwalk views so can't comment on any interior work...Sorry

Bill...there isn't any work being done on the outside that I could see....we didn't walk down the hallways by the boardwalk views so can't comment on any interior work...Sorry

Glad that you are getting a construction free vacation! :thumbsup2

We had great luck last fall at BWV too. My parents and my sister's family of 4 were booked in a standard 2BR and my family of 4 was booked in a preferred 1BR. We were across the hall from each other, about three rooms apart. My family loved the BWV and now that's where they want to stay the next time we go in October...ain't going to happen! They transferred BWV points into my account to secure their reservation (2BR standard for 7 nights in October!) at 11 months, and I lucked out to get 5 out of our 7 nights in the preferred 1BR at 7 months. The last 2 nights of the stay, our family had to move over to a value 1BR at AKV.

We had great luck last fall at BWV too. My parents and my sister's family of 4 were booked in a standard 2BR and my family of 4 was booked in a preferred 1BR. We were across the hall from each other, about three rooms apart. My family loved the BWV and now that's where they want to stay the next time we go in October...ain't going to happen! They transferred BWV points into my account to secure their reservation (2BR standard for 7 nights in October!) at 11 months, and I lucked out to get 5 out of our 7 nights in the preferred 1BR at 7 months. The last 2 nights of the stay, our family had to move over to a value 1BR at AKV.

Glad you had success too....we own at the boardwalk and it's our favorite as well and we will be back with just our family in October for the food and wine festival..

Glad that you are getting a construction free vacation! :thumbsup2

Thanks....no construction and all of our rooms were on great shape....one of their "kids" is a manager at a Hyatt and I would of definitely heard if anything wasn't ...she was glad that the rooms were so close together since she knows it's not always possible to do so..

We were there 5/20-5/26, received a note under the door that there would be noise on the BW on 5/24 from 11:00PM until morning. Nothing occurred.

Back in 2015 we were staying in a studio and had friends coming in to a 1BR a few days later. Kind of an impossible request, but we asked if they could put is in a 2BR lock off that we could unlock when our friends got there, or at least get us close. They couldn't do that, but they upgraded our view for both of us, upgraded us into a 1BR also, and put us 2-3 doors down from each other. That was a pretty awesome pixie dusting (cash reservation on DVC villas).

We always had good luck doing "travel with" at BWV. One October we had a GV, a 2 bedroom, and 2-1 bedroom BW view rooms reserved for a week and they were all in a row except for a few studio rooms in between. I was shocked that they could pull that off, especially in October! I think the room assigner tries very hard to please.

We just returned from BWV....staying May 19-21st on one reservation then had 2-2bd rm SV and P/G. May 22-26th...we were on the 2nd floor across from each other...it was great...14 family members.. not too far a walk to the Lobby.........

We also got our traveling with request last month at Bwv. We had two standard studios near each other. I have a new request for my Bwv reservation next month. I have a studio and 1 bedroom standard both and requested they be connecting! I booked each at different times, but my party got larger and now I'm using both. It would really help to keep all the grandkids together. They are already whining on who's in each room! I'm ready for this trip to be done before it starts. Thank goodness it's a short 4 night trip.

We also got our traveling with request last month at Bwv. We had two standard studios near each other. I have a new request for my Bwv reservation next month. I have a studio and 1 bedroom standard both and requested they be connecting! I booked each at different times, but my party got larger and now I'm using both. It would really help to keep all the grandkids together. They are already whining on who's in each room! I'm ready for this trip to be done before it starts. Thank goodness it's a short 4 night trip.
Post back to let us know if you get the connecting rooms!

We've had mixed results, all studios, two parties. Once at BCV, right across the hall. Three times at BLT , across the hall and 3 or 4 rooms down.

Post back to let us know if you get the connecting rooms!

I'm about certain it will never happen, but figured I'd try. Had I knew everyone was going I would've booked a two bedroom at the start. I'm due for some pixie dust. We were there last month and signed up for the pandora preview. One of the reservations never got processed and didn't get the email to go, so we didn't get to go. Talked to MS and they pretty much said they didn't know why we didn't get the FP or the email. They basically said, sorry for your bad luck, but we did our part..... lol

We always have success with "travel with" at BWV, not so much at BLT. We are hoping our luck will change this July at BLT with my 3 standard studios. I had no other room request other then that the rooms be close to each other.

Great to hear! Must say, I can't think of 1 time that we haven't gotten our room request at BWV. They're always fantastic about that stuff. Just another reason we love it there so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!