Boardwalk Villas no-problems

NewJerseyDVCMembers

One contract is never enough!
We just returned from a week long stay at the BWV with friends of ours. We went for the F&WF and stayed in a 2-bedroom. The room was immaculate and just about everything was in good shape. Our friends hadn’t been to WDW since the mid 80’s and they couldn’t have been more impressed.
The resort was far more than they had expected, so was the room. They couldn’t get over the accommodations. They loved the gym, the quiet pool and jogging around the lake in the morning.
We left two days before they did. They spent the last two nights at the All-Star Movies and received the shock of their lives. I guess we spoiled them with the Boardwalk first. They enjoyed the ASM, but missed the Boardwalk after the first bus ride back from the Studios!
We know that a few people have had inconveniences or problems, but our trip and room were smooth, clean and in good condition.

On second thought the place was disgusting and the F&WF was boring... so no one should ever go in October again... especially October 8th – 13th, 2006 :rotfl: :rotfl:

It was nice to read your post. We are heading to the BWV in February and your post makes me look forward even more to our trip. It is really odd to me that if you had posted a negative thread, there would have been countless hits and numerous replies but a positive thread receives such little response.

Ok, I'll hit and reply! Our last BWV visit was earlier in the month and we all had a great time!

Glad to hear that yours was fine as well!

rwc :sunny:

Glad you had a great trip. We love staying at the BWV. We return in Feb. and can't wait. The best part of DVC is being able to share with friends and family. :flower:

RWishbone said:
It was nice to read your post. We are heading to the BWV in February and your post makes me look forward even more to our trip. It is really odd to me that if you had posted a negative thread, there would have been countless hits and numerous replies but a positive thread receives such little response.

Isn't that the truth! :rolleyes2
We have relatives coming in to stay at BWV on Sunday night and all the negative posts are really making me nervous.
But I shouldn't be, cause we have stayed there multiple times without ever having a problem. This stay should be perfect as well.

Thanks for the report! We'll be staying at the BWV at the end of January and are really looking forward to it!

We stayed at BWV last September and loved it, too. Our home is BCV, but we found we like the Boardwalk even more. So much that we recently added on 50 points at BWV. Next trip will be there in June 06. We are taking a niece and her husband and DH's sister and husband. None of them has ever been to WDW before. I'm sure they are going to love it. Too bad it's such a long time till June. :sad:
Mary

Thanks for the report and welcome home to the Nor'easter...and more rain now! Glad you had such a nice time, 'cause home's no so great right now, eh??

We just got home Sunday and everything at BWV was fine for us. We requested non-smoking high floor and got non-smoking on the first floor - but that turned out to be better as it was way closer to the pool for the kids who did grow gills this vacation. Room was clean, cast members pleasant (though none at the BW were "magical"), requests (missing spatula) taken care of promptly, few dishes in the hall from room service (a few during breakfast hours - they were at the AKL Sunday morning too) and we didn't notice any "trashy" people by the pool. ME worked well and our luggage arrived in a few hours. Our room was ready on arrival, although I couldn't tell you if it was preassigned or not - only that they gave me a room - I had no input. Even the transportation to/from the BW to the parks was good - no wait over ten minutes, no standing on buses (we did a few cabs to cut time when running late on reservations and once at park close to not bother with crowds). The women were strong, the men handsome and all the children seemed above average.

(Room 1101, dedicated standard view non smoking non-handicapped one bedroom)

We just got back form our 20 year anniversary and our first Disney World stay on site. We bought 500 BWV pts earlier this year and loved BWV, the room, the service and everything about it.

I'm sorry about a few people that had a hard time, but ours was great.

RWishbone said:

So annoying, yet so true. Then again, if there weren't so many negative posts, more people would want to stay at BWV.... :)

crisi said:
We just got home Sunday and everything at BWV was fine for us. We requested non-smoking high floor and got non-smoking on the first floor - but that turned out to be better as it was way closer to the pool for the kids who did grow gills this vacation. Room was clean, cast members pleasant (though none at the BW were "magical"), requests (missing spatula) taken care of promptly, few dishes in the hall from room service (a few during breakfast hours - they were at the AKL Sunday morning too) and we didn't notice any "trashy" people by the pool. ME worked well and our luggage arrived in a few hours. Our room was ready on arrival, although I couldn't tell you if it was preassigned or not - only that they gave me a room - I had no input. Even the transportation to/from the BW to the parks was good - no wait over ten minutes, no standing on buses (we did a few cabs to cut time when running late on reservations and once at park close to not bother with crowds). The women were strong, the men handsome and all the children seemed above average.(Room 1101, dedicated standard view non smoking non-handicapped one bedroom)

:rotfl2:

I'm greatly looking forward to my trip there in February.

I'll have to show this one to dh. I mentioned all the negative posts and now he doesn't want to stay this fall. Good thing I make the reservations. We own at BCV, but want to try them all out.

We have taken guests twice and both times we stayed at BWV (actually had BW View) and its always the same reaction, OMG you lucky @%#&*. :earseek:

Have stayed at all DVC resorts. Thought I liked the BCV the best until we stayed at BWV. My teenagers love being so close to Epcot and MGM. Many times they will just walk to Epcot to get a waffle cone in France or a gelato in Italy and then just walk back. Actually, I think my son likes the girls in France and my daughter likes the guys in Italy. They love playing air hockey in community hall and renting movies every night. I brought my mother on our last trip in August and we had a wonderful 1BR overlooking the Boardwalk - it was actually just above the Wyland Gallery closer to the Boardwalk. We could see the Epcot fireworks and even saw in the distance the Wishes fireworks from MK. Some nights they went off simultaneously so with just a turn of the head, we were able to see both from the balcony. My mother loved the Boardwalk atmosphere at night - all the strolling acts reminded her of Coney Island of years ago. She keeps asking "When are we going back to Boardwalk?" In February Mom. Can't wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter