Boardwalk Villa stay, day 3 problem #4

I have owned DVC for a while too. It was a big investment for us, and I considered it a luxury purchase. The manner in which service at and upkeep of both DVC and CRO units has steadily gone down hill has taken the bloom off the rose for me. I wouldn’t consider buying DVC now for this reason, but don’t regret buying in as we had memorable trips with friends and family. With more rooms coming online in the future, I don’t anticipate improvement. I hope Disney proves me wrong though.

Sorry to hear that, Snappy. :( I have to say that I still do love my DVC membership. We have used my points at Aulani several times and have a GV booked there in a few months. I would NEVER be able to afford that without DVC. I love getting away to Vero Beach and my kids love it there too. We still love OKW. DVC does allow me to stay in very nice accommodations and locations that I would have to stop.... and think.... and budget, whereas if I have the points, I just go for it! And that is pretty awesome. :love:

While I certainly understand this sentiment, and unfortunately it is true sometimes, but I can tell you from experience, that the CM's often really DO care. Sometimes the ones that really do care have little empowerment to do something depending upon their leadership. In my 25 years of ownership, in virtually every circumstance I have had, I have found the CM's to be at least interested in hearing if not concerned enough to get something done.

Thanks for response, you are correct and I should have been clearer. Many CM's do care but due to policies or management things happen that really shouldn't. On occasion we have had some tune out while discussing our issue. IMO the problems start at the top.

:earsboy: Bill

Thanks for response, you are correct and I should have been clearer. Many CM's do care but due to policies or management things happen that really shouldn't. On occasion we have had some tune out while discussing our issue. IMO the problems start at the top.

:earsboy: Bill

I agree, and stuff happens across different Disney properties. Appears to me it’s a top to bottom thing.

I honestly think the housekeepers aren't trained or encouraged to report anything other than major issues. But from what I have seen, they do have the capability.

I have another TS. And I have been AMAZED at how awesome the housekeeping is there to report even the most minor issues, like the rod that twists to open/close venetian blinds on a door to a lanai. I have come back to my condo, never having reported issues like this (as they weren't a big deal and didn't interfere in any way with our day to day enjoyment), and found a note from housekeeping saying they reported it, AND a note from engineering saying they fixed it for us! So it was reported, fixed and all done with nice notes left while we were out of the room a short time, and we had NEVER mentioned it! I find that pretty awesome in the ol' guest service realm. ::yes::

I've long thought housekeeping needs to be more in the loop on reporting issues.

We've had things in the rooms that we've had to call about and that have been repaired buy my favorite was at VGC a year and a half or two years ago. Received the ok that the room was ready. Arrived at the door and the lock and handle was barely hanging on - they certainly didn't function! Luckily housekeeping was still on the floor and the person we spoke to went and grabbed the housekeeper who had serviced our villa. She apologized - had intended to let maintenance know that the door handle was about to fall off - but then forgot! :confused3

Stuff gets missed or “forgotten”, not surprising I guess. Does Disney not have any supervisors (HK, maintenance or whatever) that hopefully would catch such an obvious, in plain sight problem?
What about security? Seems like a broken doorknob would be some kind a red flag?

OP: I hope they take that room out of service until the problems are fixed but just in case, for the benefit of those who have stays at BWV coming up, could you post the room number?

Stuff gets missed or “forgotten”, not surprising I guess. Does Disney not have any supervisors (HK, maintenance or whatever) that hopefully would catch such an obvious, in plain sight problem?
What about security? Seems like a broken doorknob would be some kind a red flag?

DVC used to have rooms inspected by a Housekeeping Mgr. before they were released for members/guests. USED to..... :sad2: To my knowledge it is only occasional spot checks now. And as for security, Snappy, I feel pretty confident that if a security person passed by and saw that they would get someone on it. Security is pretty good in my experience. It's not that housekeeping is not "good", but it appears more than obvious they are not trained or held accountable to report issues with a room that would have guest/member impact. Not putting the blame all on them, but they ARE the main eyes in the villas. :-)

19 years here, and never had anything remotely like what you've experienced, and we have always booked 2bd, albeit not at BWV. And I'll tell you right now, fastpasses and $400, no Sir, not cutting it. There's a 2 bedroom or a GV somewhere, and they need to find it, toute suite and move you, not downgrade you to a one bedroom. I'm calm, I'm respectful of others but it's time to go to the lobby and speak to a manager and involve anyone else who can make a decision; sometimes it has to get "ugly" to get remedied. They aren't doing right by you. Doesn't matter 2, 5, or 12 days.... I'm not in agreement with you at all, but it's your stay.

I agree!! I am a 19 year member and never had anything like that happen either. I would do the exact same as the above post mentions. We know things happen, but that is beyond the scope of being "understanding of the situation". I would be seeing a manager, and going elsewhere, and having my points refunded. Sorry, my opinion... Hope all works out for you all...

In the new room we get daily housekeeping so that’s nice. Everything going ok since the change, I joked about unlucky 13 but I have to wonder!

I think odd numbered rooms in that section are boardwalk rooms? I am curious, were the two 1 bedrooms they finally offered also boardwalk views or did they down grade you re:views?

I think odd numbered rooms in that section are boardwalk rooms? I am curious, were the two 1 bedrooms they finally offered also boardwalk views or did they down grade you re:views?

The original rooms are bw view, yes. Only we moved, the rest of our party is still in the original 1 bed because that had no issues. The studio had the issues. Because they could not find us a 2 bed for our length of stay, and I insisted on a kitchen, we ended up in two separate 1 bedroom villas. The original and our new one. Our view is trees and river.

:genie:On a side note I just went by the old room and heard power tools.

Thanks for update. At least the problems are being addressed. Clearly it wasn’t just a simple leak. Wonder what condition room 2013 is in?

Don't call about the problems, go to the front desk. The calls go to a remote call center, not the hotel.

I believe housekeeping/maintenance is at the resort not a remote call center. Calling front desk is a remote call center.

To the OP I am sorry you had such a disastrous room. You are very patient, more than I would be. Definitely contact DVC Satisfaction as mentioned by Deb & Bill.

Also wonder how long the problemn in your old room was an ongoing problem or something that surfaced for the first time during your visit.

I was very underwhelmed with the lack of customer service at BWV last year. For a 3 night stay I believe I went down to front desk no less than 4 times regarding our broken AC. It was July, and we were on the top floor. Don't think the room got below 78 or 79 - too warm to comfortably sleep. No resolution, no letters from maintenance that any repair was even attempted, no offer to change room (after 2 nights of misery I begged - no dice). Wrote to member satisfaction, and honestly was more upset about the lack of effort by management to keep their guests happy than the fact that the AC needed work. Left a very bad taste in my mouth for BWV going forward... this thread doesn't help too much either :(

Hope ya'll have a fantastic remainder of your vacation, and only get wet on water rides!

I was very underwhelmed with the lack of customer service at BWV last year. For a 3 night stay I believe I went down to front desk no less than 4 times regarding our broken AC. It was July, and we were on the top floor. Don't think the room got below 78 or 79 - too warm to comfortably sleep. No resolution, no letters from maintenance that any repair was even attempted, no offer to change room (after 2 nights of misery I begged - no dice). Wrote to member satisfaction, and honestly was more upset about the lack of effort by management to keep their guests happy than the fact that the AC needed work. Left a very bad taste in my mouth for BWV going forward... this thread doesn't help too much either :(

Hope ya'll have a fantastic remainder of your vacation, and only get wet on water rides!

I'd agree that the front desk should have gotten it taken care of but did you call maintenance directly? I've never not gotten quick response there when doing so.

I'd agree that the front desk should have gotten it taken care of but did you call maintenance directly? I've never not gotten quick response there when doing so.

Yep. Did that first. Said they were going to send someone to check it out, but we had reservations so couldn't hang around. No clue if they actually came or not. I wish they (anyone) would be required to leave a note or something just notifying us that someone had entered our room. I seem to remember that happening years and years ago.

Yep. Did that first. Said they were going to send someone to check it out, but we had reservations so couldn't hang around. No clue if they actually came or not. I wish they (anyone) would be required to leave a note or something just notifying us that someone had entered our room. I seem to remember that happening years and years ago.

That would be a good thing for them to do. I remember one of those being left but it also was years ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter