Boardwalk Villa stay, day 3 problem #4

So sorry. GO TO THE FRONT DESK and ask to SPEAK TO A SUPERVISOR or Resort MANAGER. wait at the desk until that happens. Ask to be moved to another room, even it if has to be a suite on the Inn Side. Can't believe you are expected to stay in a room with a leak of that proportion. Be firm but polite and business like. Tell them the FPs just cnnot make up for the time you have spent dealing with the multiple issues and soaked belongings.

Good luck! Hope the rest of your stay is especially enjoyable!!!!

So we are now in a one bedroom villa not too far from our family. Not ideal but I don’t think they could have done much more and the staff has been great throughout. Now I did spend two hours at front desk today so we have been given some bonus fastpasses throughout our stay. The room was even far worse condition this am so we could not have stayed comfortably. The towels on floor were literally brown from the stain being saturated. A new sketchbook was also sent to our room as my husbands was ruined by the water. The Boardwalk staff has been fantastic. I will say however if someone on a 5-7 day stay dealt with all of this it would be worse. We have a longer stay so the inconvenience, while not great, is not ruining our vacation. Thank you all for your advice and feedback.

As a 25 year member, I have never, ever had anything like your series of events happen. I
19 years here, and never had anything remotely like what you've experienced, and we have always booked 2bd, albeit not at BWV. And I'll tell you right now, fastpasses and $400, no Sir, not cutting it. There's a 2 bedroom or a GV somewhere, and they need to find it, toute suite and move you, not downgrade you to a one bedroom. I'm calm, I'm respectful of others but it's time to go to the lobby and speak to a manager and involve anyone else who can make a decision; sometimes it has to get "ugly" to get remedied. They aren't doing right by you. Doesn't matter 2, 5, or 12 days.... I'm not in agreement with you at all, but it's your stay.

Last edited:
So we are now in a one bedroom villa not too far from our family. Not ideal but I don’t think they could have done much more and the staff has been great throughout. Now I did spend two hours at front desk today so we have been given some bonus fastpasses throughout our stay. The room was even far worse condition this am so we could not have stayed comfortably. The towels on floor were literally brown from the stain being saturated. A new sketchbook was also sent to our room as my husbands was ruined by the water. The Boardwalk staff has been fantastic. I will say however if someone on a 5-7 day stay dealt with all of this it would be worse. We have a longer stay so the inconvenience, while not great, is not ruining our vacation. Thank you all for your advice and feedback.

Did your other family get moved too?? If not, how can they be using the kitchen & living area with that much of a leak?

19 years here, and never had anything remotely like what you've experienced, and we have always booked 2bd, albeit not at BWV. And I'll tell you right now, fastpasses and $400, no Sir, not cutting it. There's a 2 bedroom or a GV somewhere, and they need to find it, toute suite and move you, not downgrade you to a one bedroom. I'm calm, I'm respectful of others but it's time to go to the lobby and speak to a manager and involve anyone else who can make a decision; sometimes it has to get "ugly" to get remedied. They aren't doing right by you. Doesn't matter 2, 5, or 12 days.... I'm not in agreement with you at all, but it's your stay.
I'm curious, How do you know this? Do they NEVER book up? For a long stay that is. Meaning they need another 2 bedroom free for the entire length of the OPs stay. So is it really impossible for there to not be one?

Ok sorry, to clarify we now have two 1 bed villas instead of a 2 bed. We are separated but each have kitchens thankfully

Makes sense. What books up are the studios. Often 1 bedrooms left over. Glad you are settled and have fun. Hope the 1 bedrooms are relatively close.

That’s actually a pretty good fix. In the two bedroom the entire party would congregate in the kitchen and living room. You still get that. And you have a second kitchen and living space. Not bad.

That’s actually a pretty good fix. In the two bedroom the entire party would congregate in the kitchen and living room. You still get that. And you have a second kitchen and living space. Not bad.

Yes but the family group is somewhat separated, grandparents from grandkids, etc. Extended family meeting up at Disney from 2 or more distant places might be really looking forward to staying together. Completely different experience with 2 units. I completely get it.

Yes but the family group is somewhat separated, grandparents from grandkids, etc. Extended family meeting up at Disney from 2 or more distant places might be really looking forward to staying together. Completely different experience with 2 units. I completely get it.
Oh I don’t disagree. But given the high occupancy rates of dvc, this seems a reasonable fix. Certainly good to be out of the water logged room. That must have been intolerable.

Oh I don’t disagree. But given the high occupancy rates of dvc, this seems a reasonable fix. Certainly good to be out of the water logged room. That must have been intolerable.

When it started to smell and the towels were brown, yeah we were done. We do miss the being together but with no other options we are thankful to have a kitchen and be just a 2 minute walk, same floor but BW is huge.

I'm curious, How do you know this? Do they NEVER book up? For a long stay that is. Meaning they need another 2 bedroom free for the entire length of the OPs stay. So is it really impossible for there to not be one?
There’s always cash rooms, there’s always a solution even in the busiest of times, maybe not at BWV but at another resort. When I book a 2 bedroom, I don’t book a lock-off, I book dedicated, I want the experience of being all together as we don’t see each other all year, but if their solution works for you, fine. For me, it’s not what I bought in for, yes things happen, the room is out of commission but you either match my choice or upgrade me. Downgrade, nope, not acceptable.

Last edited:
There’s always cash rooms, there’s always a solution even in the busiest of times, maybe not at BWV but at another resort. When I book a 2 bedroom, I don’t book a lock-off, I book dedicated, I want the experience of being all together as we don’t see each other all year, but if their solution works work you, fine. For me, it’s not what I bought in for, yes things happen, the room is out of commission but you either match my choice or upgrade me. Downgrade, nope, not acceptable.
At the capacity they are working with lately, I hope you never have to find out because when you have a room type that is so very limited you may find that you have zero options. Because they sure can't manufacture rooms that don't exist and I'm positive you are not expecting Disney to remove someone from their room so you can have it, are you?

There’s always cash rooms, there’s always a solution even in the busiest of times, maybe not at BWV but at another resort. When I book a 2 bedroom, I don’t book a lock-off, I book dedicated, I want the experience of being all together as we don’t see each other all year, but if their solution works for you, fine. For me, it’s not what I bought in for, yes things happen, the room is out of commission but you either match my choice or upgrade me. Downgrade, nope, not acceptable.

Upgrade, we have a winner. I can’t imagine with the upgrades guests receive, (and I have received a few), that with the condition of that room, that wasn’t the right option.

Upgrade, we have a winner. I can’t imagine with the upgrades guests receive, (and I have received a few), that with the condition of that room, that wasn’t the right option.
So have I, for a short stay, which was because it was to Disney's benefit not to benefit me. But notice, OP said they had a long stay. So whatever room they put OP and their family in has to be open for a long stay. Or it impacts someone else who can't be placed in the room they booked, or OPs family has to move again. It can be complicated with long stays. It's not just as simple as finding an open room tonight and putting a group in it for their entire stay. Got the whole Butterfly effect. I know none of us want our issues to cause issues for another family when they arrive days later, because we were given their room in our upgrade to fix our problem. At least I don't.

I did not see where OP wanted to displace anyone. Leaving them in that unit and previously offering them $400 and fastpasses says to me, Disney does not give a darn. Cast members were great, problem is management. As I said mid August is the time of the best agency deals. I suspect there were other solutions, but we will never know, will we? Regardless, leaving the entire party overnight in that smelly unit was not disney’s finest hour, to say the least. Exposure to potential mold with a youngster? The seriousness of the room situation was not escalated fast enough or far enough up the chain imho.

I did not see where OP wanted to displace anyone. Leaving them in that unit and previously offering them $400 and fastpasses says to me, Disney does not give a darn. Cast members were great, problem is management. As I said mid August is the time of the best agency deals. I suspect there were other solutions, but we will never know, will we? Regardless, leaving the entire party overnight in that smelly unit was not disney’s finest hour, to say the least. Exposure to potential mold with a youngster? The seriousness of the room situation was not escalated fast enough or far enough up the chain imho.
Nope the OP didn't. I never said otherwise either. Nor did I ever say they should have stayed put or that Disney did well leaving them in the unit. I'm addressing those who think Disney owed them an upgrade or another equal unit if there simply wasn't one for their entire stay. That's it. Just asking for all to look at the big picture. It may be more complicated than you realize BECAUSE IT'S A LONG STAY. Not always so simple as finding a new room

My post was in response to this
I would bet the farm there is a grand villa or a big honking suite somewhere on property. It’s mid August. Some villas are retained by CRO. Agency deals galore.
or this
or this

Not saying you can or can’t but I personally can’t give Disney a pass on this. I think I am most disturbed about the time it took them to move them. For me only, it was a run around. It may not be Disney’s fault that there wasn’t another similar unit to be had for the duration, but again, for me only, neither was it the OP’s fault.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts