• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boardwalk View requests...Granted or not?

Boardwalk View Request....Granted or not?

• Yes--Boardwalk Villas Studio

• No--Boardwalk Villas Studio

• Yes--Boardwalk Villas 1 BR

• No--Boardwalk Villas 1 BR

• Yes--Boardwalk Villas 2BR

• No--Boardwalk Villas 2 BR

Results are only viewable after voting.

niks81

Let's just say I wasn't the 'only one'!<br><font c
I am curious to see how many of us Disney vacationers have had their request for a Boardwalk view granted. If you have time and could post about when you booked the reservation and when you arrived for check-in that would be helpful, too.

Booked at the 11 window for April of 2001. Received what we ordered. Room 2013 overlooking the entrance to the Big River Grille. We checked in on a Sunday at 9 am and the room was ready.

We have stayed in a 2 br twice and gotten Boardwalk view both times. The first was booked inside of the 7 mo window with the waitlist (we joined just after the 7 mo window for our 1st trip) and we faxed the room contoler 4 or 5 days prior to checking in.
The second was only for one night on Sept 16th ( the week of the terriorist attacks) and we called the day of check in to book it. We were in Fla because of a Carival Cruise and had resv to stay in a studio. We met a couple from NY and they did not feel comfotable flying, so they came with us to Orlando and rented a car in our hometown (SC) to drive home. So, we called the morning of check in to change to a 2 br, no problem due to no one being able to get flights.

Dawn
Dizneydawn@aol.com

We booked right after joining DVC. We joined in March 2000 and tried to book a studio at BWV for the week before Thanksgiving week (off-season). Nothing was available so I called our guide with a "what should we do?" All of a sudden a preferred view studio miraculously opened up. Our guide suggested that we request a view overlooking the ToT so I did. After a couple of months, I had decided that I wanted a Boardwalk view so called MS and changed the view request - that was probably around June. When we arrived in November on a Saturday around 4pm, we got the Boardwalk view :smooth: - second floor right over the DVC office. Life is good!

We just got back from a six day trip at BWV. We booked the trip with very little advance notice (11 days before arrival). MS asked me if I wanted to put down a request for a Boardwalk view, and I jokingly said sure (thinking fat chance that will happen).

Well, at check-in we were surprised to find ourselves on the 4th floor overlooking the courtyard and the lagoon (11 months or 11 days, I guess anything is possible).

The view was nice, but our other views have been pleasant also. We did notice the bar crowd returning to the hotel on Friday & Saturday nights (not a big deal for us). The BW band would play until about 10:30 pm and then things got quiet.

Troy

Yes - twice - for a BWV Studio on the 4th or 5th floor, with a view of the Boardwalk.

Reserved at the 11 month window each time.

We booked Boardwalk as a part of the lottery for the Y2K celebration. I asked for a Boardwalk view and we were thrilled to find ourselves in rooms 3011 and 3013.

3013 is just above the room we had in April. What did you think of the view gometros? I thought it had a wonderful view.

I made my reservation at the 7 month window since OKW is our home resort. We got a 1BR with a BW view on the second floor right over the DVC office for our mid-August trip. It was the next to last room from the elevator but it was BW view. :)

We arrived for check in at around 3:00 PM and our room was ready!!!

Originally posted by NJmouse
3013 is just above the room we had in April. What did you think of the view gometros? I thought it had a wonderful view.

WE LOVED IT! We spent NYE in EPCOT, but my folks stayed behind, cause my dad was tired. They ended up getting a double treat, being able to see the fireworks in EPCOT and getting their own show in the lagoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter