Boardwalk internet

luvlivn

Earning My Ears
We were at BW last August and had tremendous limitations with connecting and would have to go down to main lobby to access wifi. It depends apparently where u are on the resort so although some may have never had problems there, i cannot take a chance to book our holiday there unless i know the necessary improvements have been made on the areas that had trouble.. anyone know for sure ? thanks :):flower3:

Depends on what you call improvement. We always get boardwalk view. Last year when we were there in June it was the Disney-suits-should-be-executed-for-putting-in-such-a-piece-of-junk and touting it as a great new system. It was hard to get into, it shut down all the time, and when working it was usually very slow. In other words, it is clear that the suits decided to go cheap when they put in wireless.

Was there in May 2013, in the 2BR two floors right above the one I had last year. This time it worked with almost adequate speed but every 5 to 10 minutes or so, it would shut down and you would have to start again. In other words, they improved it somewhat but it is still grounds for executing the suits.

We stayed in a garden/pool view studio 2 weeks ago and did not experience any problems using the internet in our room. This was a huge improvement from our February 2012 trip.

wifi signal/bandwidth can be greatly affected by the types of devices connecting and what sites/services people are accessing. since bandwidth through individual access points is shared, just a few people streaming TV shows and who knows what else can nearly shut you out. this is why you have mixed reports in the same resort.

they should really block high bandwidth sites like hulu, youtube, netflix, etc. so everyone could have a better overall experience but you would have a whole different set of complaints.

wifi technology in general has a lot of limitations and its evident when you have a large amount of people and devices in one area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter