Boardwalk at 7 Mos

NanaOsaki06

Earning My Ears
Hey, completely hypothetical at this point. However, how difficult would you say it is to get a Boardwalk 2 bedroom villa at the 7 month marker for a week in mid March? I'm hoping to plan a birthday trip for myself with my family and Dad, but would love to know how possible it would be. Thanks!

For next March when I am planning to go, ( beginning March 15) there ARE no standard studios left. So, that would mean standard two bedrooms are gone for my dates. I was looking for BCV, which I did get, I have those points as well as BWV. So, plan and hope to get pool view. However the studio villas seem to be the first to go, you may not get what you want since all BWV two bedrooms are lock offs.

For next March when I am planning to go, ( beginning March 15) there ARE no standard studios left. So, that would mean standard two bedrooms are gone for my dates. I was looking for BCV, which I did get, I have those points as well as BWV. So, plan and hope to get pool view. However the studio villas seem to be the first to go, you may not get what you want since all BWV two bedrooms are lock offs.
Thank you. I think I may just plan for elsewhere. Maybe even a 1 bedroom. It'll be cozier in a 1 bedroom. However, it will only be 5 people going. We own at the Poly, so staying anywhere else means we have to book at the 7 month marker. Thanks again!

So I’ve had good success waitlisting/stalking that time of year 2 separate times. Last was a 3 day mid-week trip ~4 weeks in advance. My advice, make reservation but keep checking the website to see what comes up.

Hey, completely hypothetical at this point. However, how difficult would you say it is to get a Boardwalk 2 bedroom villa at the 7 month marker for a week in mid March? I'm hoping to plan a birthday trip for myself with my family and Dad, but would love to know how possible it would be. Thanks!
Only the standard and Boardwalk view villas are mostly gone. As of today, preferred view villas are available for every date in March. IMO, you have a good chance of getting one at 7 months. Good luck.

Standard and boardwalk view can disappear before 7 months out any time of year. Pool/garden view (about 65% of all rooms) is usually open during March at 7 months out.

Last edited:
But may not be around at six months - book as soon as the window opens and have a backup plan. Its possible that the room you want may be available for longer, but it would be a shame to loose out because you put off calling.

I have been able to get a studio at the Boardwalk every March at the 7 month mark. I think we had garden/pool view.

Got BWV for mid September at 7 months, studio! Shocked I was also able to get it for 1 night first day of F&W, studio waitlist came through! Always give the waitlist try, can’t hurt!

See post #7 in link below. Look at BWV - Studios in the 3 categories - all the 2-bedrooms at BWV are lock-offs, so availability goes the way of the studios.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/p...rooms-june-2018-update.3689931/#post-59393366

How I read this is you have a pretty good chance of getting one in May, but better expect a pool/garden view and better book it day of at 7-months advanced.

If you decide to go to a 1-bedroom, you have an extremely good chance of getting a room at BWV, even a standard or Boardwalk view room.

It really depends on what time of year you are going.
When we got our first contract for BWV, we closed 3 days before the 7 month mark (during F&W) and could only get 4 of the 7 days we wanted. we were able to get the other nights at AKL. Since then, we reserve at 11 months and have no issue getting what we want.

BUT 1 BRs ARE IN GREATER DEMAND THAN 2BRs!!! HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE???

Sorry -- I'm going to be beating this dead horse until DVDMC reverses course.

Well - and this is where I had a REAL problem with them - in the case of BWV, there are NO exclusive 2-BR. So 2-BR go the way of the studios exactly. So of COURSE you would argue that the DEMAND for 2-BR is bigger than supply - because sometimes the 2-BR will be gone at 11-months! But is raising prices on 1-bedrooms going to create more 2-bedrooms? Clearly, clearly not...

This is of course completely off-topic for the OP.

Not sure about March, but I got 13 nights for this September at BW in a garden/pool view studio at the 7 month mark. I will say it was a pain having to go in each day to add an extra day on the end, but in the end it all worked out. Very excited, we love it there! I also got 12 nights last September at the 7 month mark. I had to waitlist the last night. And then we added a day to the front which I also had to waitlist. And both of those nights came through very quickly. I keep thinking about adding on there, but the short contract just keeps stopping me.

Thank you. I think I may just plan for elsewhere. Maybe even a 1 bedroom. It'll be cozier in a 1 bedroom. However, it will only be 5 people going. We own at the Poly, so staying anywhere else means we have to book at the 7 month marker. Thanks again!
Book what you need at your home resort before seven months out. That way if you can't find anything else, you'll have something.

As a BWV owner, I think there's a good chance of availability for a 2BR garden/pool view at 7 months but I would be ready to book at exactly 8am. Boardwalk views seem to book up first. I always have a backup reservation at my home resort just in case there's no availability at another resort at 7 months.

I was able to get a studio garden view for the week before Easter at the 7 month mark. Then waitlist for standard view came through 2 weeks before our trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!