Boardwalk Area Recommendations

Canoook

Earning My Ears
So we (4 adults) are staying at the Boardwalk Villas to start our vacation. We are going to arrive late afternoon first day, and want recommendations on what to eat that night. Not going to a park and we're planning to do Disney Springs another night. Is there any standout restaurant(s) in the area? I have looked into Beaches and Cream as well as Ale & Compass, but want to get y'alls opinions on the food here. Also definitely going to Jellyrolls after dinner for the entertainment.

I'm fond of AbracadaBar for cocktails and then Trattoria al Forno for dinner. Both made for a great double-date back in April. Then we went to Atlantic Dance Hall and acted like drunk fools. Good times.

We really like Il Mulino at the Swan. It's an easy walk via the boardwalk. We usually share an app and then each get 1/2 portions of pasta. Delicious!

So we (4 adults) are staying at the Boardwalk Villas to start our vacation. We are going to arrive late afternoon first day, and want recommendations on what to eat that night. Not going to a park and we're planning to do Disney Springs another night. Is there any standout restaurant(s) in the area? I have looked into Beaches and Cream as well as Ale & Compass, but want to get y'alls opinions on the food here. Also definitely going to Jellyrolls after dinner for the entertainment.
The standouts in the vicinity are the 'Signature' restaurants at Swan & Dolphin:
BlueZoo - mostly seafood. My personal favorite.
Shula's - best steak at Disney.
Il Mulino - likely the best Italian food at Disney.
https://www.swandolphinrestaurants.com/splash/index.html
Beaches & Cream is typically fun, and should remain so after the current remodeling is completed.

Sort of depends on what you want. Yachtsman is pretty good for steaks but really pricey, and Shula's is even more super-pricey. ESPN Club has decent pub food and a good drink selection, and probably a better atmosphere than most, especially if there's a big game at the time (but seating can be a problem). Haven't been to Big River Grille but some people like it. For 4 adults I would NOT go to Beaches & Cream. It isn't bad but more of a family vibe and pretty limited menu. I'd probably go to either Crew's Cup lounge at Yacht Club or ESPN Club.

If you aren't on the dining plan, I would recommend one of the restaurants at Swan/Dolphin. Our favorites are bluezoo and Kimonos. You can call bluezoo directly for reservations or look on opentable (they typically have more availability than the WDW site). Kimonos is walk-up only.

We do happy hour at Blue zoo 5-7 pm nightly or drinks at Bellevue lounge. Really enjoyed Il Mulino too.

Lots of good eats on and near the Boardwalk:

$$$-Flying Fish, a little bit of every type of protein but specializing in seafood and fish. Check the menu to see if anything touches you. Some of the best desserts @ WDW

$$$-Yachtsman, New England style steakhouse w/ dry aged steaks offered as a specialty.

$$$-bluezoo, amazing fish dishes with occasionally bad service that impacts the quality of the food. Going to give it a try again come this December.

$$$- Shula's, football themed steakhouse with huge portions and gueridon service.

$- Boardwalk Bakery, nice looking sandwiches and salads to eat on the Boardwalk.

There are more places to eat on the Boardwalk but these are the ones we like.

You are not far from Disney Springs (20-30 minutes away by bus) and all it has to offer. There really are no bad restaurants there so pick one according to menu, cuisine, and price and enjoy yourselves.

There are more places to eat on the Boardwalk but these are the ones we like.

Kimonos at Swan.
You might run into (or even participate in) some rowdy, funny, karaoke, too!
Then walk over to Jellyrolls.

I had a great lunch at Big River, so that's my vote. If people in your group are sports fans, they might enjoy the decor and vibe of ESPN. I've heard Jellyrolls is a lot of fun, so if you want drinks and to sing along with the dueling pianos, that would be a fun night time activity after dinner or later in the evening (they do have a cover charge though).

I had a great lunch at Big River, so that's my vote. If people in your group are sports fans, they might enjoy the decor and vibe of ESPN. I've heard Jellyrolls is a lot of fun, so if you want drinks and to sing along with the dueling pianos, that would be a fun night time activity after dinner or later in the evening (they do have a cover charge though).

Big River isn't bad at all. I mean it's certainly not "signature dining" - but if you're looking for a good solid meal, it's a great place to go - especially if you're into different craft beers. I enjoy it there. Usually we go there once on most trips at least for a couple beers, sometimes for food - disappointed I didnt even walk inside on our trip last week.

We have done Trattoria al Forno and really enjoyed the meal and the service was great. Also we have had lunch at ESPN and it was a good lunch. It is nothing special but just a good burger.

Il Mulino the best Italian we've had at WDW
BlueZoo great seafood.
Flying Fish also good seafood, but not as good as BlueZoo.
Big River Grille if you are looking for bar and grill type food.

Flying Fish or Il Mulino. They are our "never miss" restaurants. Drinks for sure at Abracadabar!!!! Get the Pepper's Ghost!

When are you going? We love Beaches & Cream, but its closed through the early part of next year I believe, and its one place you'll need a reservation for.

You might check out Crew's Cup at the Yacht Club (directly adjacent to Yachtsman Steakhouse). Not a big menu but some good selections. I found out about Crew's Cup on the Disney Food Blog.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!