Board Walk Villas online check in

ty93850

Mouseketeer
We just got back from our 8 day trip to the world. I have never used the online check in before. Had read some posts here on it did not see an advantage. But decided to try it anyways. We had a early arrival. We landed in Orlando at 925am. Had Happy limo pick us up with a grocery stop. Then headed to BWV. My plan was to stop by the front desk drop off our stuff head to the park come back in mid afternoon check in. Well as we unloaded the car onto the bell carts I walked towards the entrance , a cast member said Good morning MR. York Please follow me. She sat me down in the lobby, handed me everything including room keys. Our villa was ready at 10am ish. I told I was very impressed. She said well if you do the online check in they try to get us a room at the time we arrive. Now to clarify we checked in on a tuesday morn on the 5th of June which is simi busy time. But I will online check in every time from now on.

Well, we checked in at 10:00 last Sunday and did not get our room until 3:00. We also checked in online. We did get the top floor, which we had requested.

Denise

We had the same experience last Oct. when we arrived. Greeted by a CM, told to relax in the lobby and minutes later had our packet, keys and were on our merry way. Awesome. :goodvibes

HA! The same thing happened to us in December. I was totally freaked out that all I did was walk in and they picked me out of the crowd by name. They gave us the pins (happy birthday for me, 1st visit for the little one) and she knew my son's name.

After thinking about it for a while, it occurred to me that when the driver gave my name at the guard gate, they must've conveyed that info to the front desk then dispatched my very own greeter.

I gotta say that of all the times I've stayed DVC, this was truly the only time I felt "special". Upside: We got the room right away. It was a high floor like I requested, clown pool view like we wanted (then regretted as the 3 yr old screamed constantly he wanted to swim and we ended up keeping the curtains shut the whole time). Downside: It was a looooong walk from the elevator and our view was right at the corner where the building turned, so as we sat on the deck, we could overhear every conversation in the room adjacent to us. I could have easily talked to all of the as though we were in the same living room. A few people got uncomfortable when others came out and ended up going back in; that's how close those corner verandas were to each other.

This was my first online checkin. In the past we stood in that very long line then waited for our room (not a big deal as single people but a very big deal with a tired toddler from an early flight).

i think that is how they knew we were there too. The guard at the gate called in to the front desk. Im not saying that this works every time. But it was a very nice way to start the trip. Being greeted not standing in line. Have everything done and handed to me in a nice package. So in short will on line check in from now on.

We are heading down on a friends points 1BR BWV :woohoo: - reservation is in our name, can we register online when we arrive? We have a Sunday check in anticipate it will be busy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!