blue potatoes

cryssi

<font color=blue>Kabocha<br><font color=green>Look
Hi! :wave:

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for blue potatoes. I usually bake them, or use them just like regular potatoes.

Why blue, you ask? I love off-colored foods! LOL I was just going to cut up and toss with garlic, salt, and olive oil, and bake in the oven.

Also, every year I intend to make a red white and blue potato salad for the 4th of July, but I think I've only done that once...

Anyway, I am taking side dish suggestions, something easy. I will be incorporating these guys into dinner sometime this week! Thanks!

c

I've never heard of blue potatoes before! :eek: Where would you even get something like that?? :confused3

If you just want suggestions of regular foods that might be fun if they were blue....how about potato soup?

I don't know how these would look because they're coated with spices, but how about
POTATOES WITH AFRITUDE
from Boma’s, Animal Kingdom Lodge

5 lb Red Skinned Potatoes
2 oz Olive Oil
3 Tbl Curry Powder
2 Tbl Turmeric
1 Tbl Garlic Powder
1 Tbl Paprika
To taste Salt and Pepper

Wash potatoes well, and cut into wedges. In a large bowl mix the spices and olive oil. Add the raw potatoes. Coat the potatoes with the spice mixture. Place the potatoes on a baking sheet, place in a preheated 350 oven and bake for 30 minutes. Yield: 10 servings

Or these are a big hit around here:

Sliced Baked Potatoes

4 medium potatoes
2 - 3 Tbl olive oil
2 - 3 Tbl fresh herbs or
2 - 3 tsp dried herbs
1 tsp salt
4 Tbl Cheddar cheese
1½ Tbl Parmesan cheese
Peel potatoes or scrub & rinse. Cut into thin slices, using spoon handle to prevent all the way through. Place in dish & fan slightly. Sprinkle with salt & spray with olive oil. Sprinkle with chopped herbs/spices. Bake at 425 for ~50 minutes. (or nuke for 10 min, rearrange after 5 min & let sit for 5 min) Remove & sprinkle with cheeses. Put in 425 oven & bake 10 - 15 min until cheese melts & potatoes are soft. (I’ve used pepper, paprika, garlic, dry mustard, chili powder, curry powder, turmeric, coriander…basically anything in the spice cabinet)

piratesmate! those potatoes from Boma's sound soooo good...

anyway, here are blue potatoes:

(have to be links b/c they are huge pics)

blue potatoes

cut potatoes

crazy huh? you can usually get them at a farmer's market or specialty-type grocery store...

thanks for the recipes! if I have time I'll do the ones from Boma's b/c we're having caribbean spiced ribs tonight, and those would work well! :)

c

I don't have any receipes off hand, but I know Rachel Ray (love her) uses them occasionally. You could check foodnetwork and search for her receipes or the entire site!!

LOL!

I was thinking on my way to work this morning, what about an all blue meal? LOL Blue potatoes, blue cornbread...?

ok, sorry for the randomness but DIS wouldn't let me post just "LOL"...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter