Blue Man Group - Best Seats ?

speedysam

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I am planning on seeing BMG next January with my family. We have two kids aged 7 & 9. What would be the best seats to get for best views and overall experience. We do not think the kids will want the poncho section. So would zone 1 central be good or is it too close for full stage view.

Many Thanks

tony

Been to the show three times. First time sat way in the back. Great view.
Second time sat in zone 2 dead Center, great view, even caught some marshmallows.
Last time, went with my 6yr old. Zone 1, Row c aisle seats. Daughter loved it....a BM came right up to us, looked at me, made a gesture saying he remembered me and proceeded to climb up on my head. It was great. Zone 1 aisle seats, so far best seats.

We were there this August and sat in the Poncho section 3rd row Middle seats 21-26 on the isle. In my opinion, you dont even need the ponchos, their just there in case. We had great interaction with the group as my oldest son(14) was picked to go on stage. The view was terrific, I would definately go for the middle section. My kids 9,13,14 had a blast and really enjoyed the show. Just about anywhere you sit will be fine, we bought our tickets in advance and used the APH discount.

Enjoy:dance3:

I have to differ with the other opinions. I saw BMG in Vegas in 2000 and was way in back but had an absolute blast. I could not wait for DH to see them with me in Orlando so we had zone 1,fiirst row, dead center seats and I could not have been more disappointed. We saw too many details that close and I wished my DH's experience had been different. I have since then, recommened to anyone who asks that closer is not better for this one. The theater is so small anyway that any seat is a great seat.

I say any center seat outside of zone 1 would be good.

Been to the show three times. First time sat way in the back. Great view.
Second time sat in zone 2 dead Center, great view, even caught some marshmallows.
Last time, went with my 6yr old. Zone 1, Row c aisle seats. Daughter loved it....a BM came right up to us, looked at me, made a gesture saying he remembered me and proceeded to climb up on my head. It was great. Zone 1 aisle seats, so far best seats.
Yaytez
We are 1 row in from the aisle for our show next month

Blue Man Group-Show Only - Orlando
Saturday, October 20, 2007 at 8:00 PM
3 Tickets, Zone1 Center Row D, Seats 26-28

Being a drummer for 35 years, and a live sound tech now, this show should really be interesting for me in a lot of ways.

My personal preference is towards the front of Zone 2 (just behind the 'Poncho Section") and in the center.

I find the ponchos uncomfortable and pretty much unnecessary. As someone else said, its for "just in case."

we sat at the aisle of r, center, zone 4. I felt that the seats were good. the place is small enough that all seats are good, even if you were on one of the sides. This was an excellent show. My ds really wanted to go and I thought I would hate it. One thing they do before the show is they have a red ticker going that says happy birthday to.., so and so has a headache, etc. I don't know who you go up and tell so that it could be put up. I wish I had known about it because it was my ds birthday that week.

they are in the old nick studios at Universal and yes they will be there in july cause they are apart of universal now.

where do they perform? Will they still be there in July when we visit?

They perform in their very own theater in the former Nickelodeon studio. Universal has rejiggered CityWalk to create an entrance walkway to the theater.

I'd be VERY surprised if they are gone next July.

We were there this August and sat in the Poncho section 3rd row Middle seats 21-26 on the isle. In my opinion, you dont even need the ponchos, their just there in case. We had great interaction with the group as my oldest son(14) was picked to go on stage. The view was terrific, I would definately go for the middle section. My kids 9,13,14 had a blast and really enjoyed the show. Just about anywhere you sit will be fine, we bought our tickets in advance and used the APH discount.

Enjoy:dance3:

What does APH stand for and how do you get the discount? I want to go see the group this December and wanted to sit in the poncho section, front row center, the tickets are still available for the time I want to go. But reading this thread has lead me to think b/c of the size of the theatre, I really can't go wrong where ever I sit. However, I see that the middle section is ideal, whether I choose 1st row or third row:yay:

FYI, you have to go to the box office at the site to get your 10% discount. You can't do it online or on the phone.

Also, I went yesterday and sat front row. We left confused about the poncho, we didnt even need it, but it kept my fiancee' warm as it was freezing in the theatre..

I called Oct. 1st and was able to order Nov. 11th tickets over the phone and received APH discount. I called the APH 1 800 number.

:thumbsup2 APH fall newletter has BMG special for Nov. 11 & 18 5pm shows. APH receive 20% discount instead of the regular 10%.

We went on our trip in October. We had front and center seats and totally loved it! And yes I needed the poncho. My 9yo son got pulled up on stage for one of their acts. That's all I can say without giving their show away. My ds9 and ds13 loved the show, they weren't to sure before we went, but as soon as we got home after a very long flight before my ds13 went to bed he jumped on the computer and found out more about them. The touring group is coming to town in Feb, but to a very large arena, I don't think it would even be close to what we experienced there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter