Blue Lagoon v British Colonial Hilton Nassau

Oscar Madison

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have a preference or experience with either of these for excursions in Nassau?
Trying to decide...thank you

Colonial Hilton - within walking distance of the ships. Nice pool and private beach area. Food is decent, but slow. Aside from the ability to see the port (and the Senor Frog's adjacent to the beach) you'll feel sufficiently cut off from the world.

Haven't done Blue Lagoon, but we did the Colonial Hilton a couple years ago. Definitely enjoyed it and the close proximity to the port was a plus. Lunch was fine...don't expect the $40 or so credit to go very far. Basically, its a lunch entree (think cheeseburger and the like) and a drink. We had a beach chair and umbrella for the day (get there fairly early, if you can)

Haven't done Blue Lagoon, but we did the Colonial Hilton a couple years ago. Definitely enjoyed it and the close proximity to the port was a plus. Lunch was fine...don't expect the $40 or so credit to go very far. Basically, its a lunch entree (think cheeseburger and the like) and a drink. We had a beach chair and umbrella for the day (get there fairly early, if you can)
Thanks so much!

Haven't done Blue Lagoon but we've done Hilton twice (once when kiddo was 5 and again when he was 6). We liked it, it was nice to be able to walk there, beach was decent, kiddo enjoyed swimming in the ocean and in the pool. Agree the meal credit doesn't go far, but it was enough for lunch. We enjoyed seeing the ships, we got to see an NCL back in which was kind of cool to watch. They had kayak and snorkeling gear as well, though there isn't much to see in the water :) It was an easy walk, second time I made the mistake of going through the straw market... my son wanted everything he saw and they sure do want you to buy stuff so be prepared (if you have kids along).

I'm the opposite....did Blue Lagoon but not HIlton. It was a peaceful nice day (or few hours as we didn't have a long time in Nassau). It was a nice ferry ride over (seeing the fancy homes). The island itself is calm and relaxing. There is use of mats and stuff and they had an Aqua park for an additional fee. We didn't sign up for the Dolphin part, but we did walk over and could watch other families. The BBQ lunch was ok....standard beach stuff. The day was a bit pricey but we quite enjoyed it.

I'm the opposite....did Blue Lagoon but not HIlton. It was a peaceful nice day (or few hours as we didn't have a long time in Nassau). It was a nice ferry ride over (seeing the fancy homes). The island itself is calm and relaxing. There is use of mats and stuff and they had an Aqua park for an additional fee. We didn't sign up for the Dolphin part, but we did walk over and could watch other families. The BBQ lunch was ok....standard beach stuff. The day was a bit pricey but we quite enjoyed it.
Thanks, did they have umbrellas to use near the beach? Included or pay?

Haven't done Blue Lagoon but we've done Hilton twice (once when kiddo was 5 and again when he was 6). We liked it, it was nice to be able to walk there, beach was decent, kiddo enjoyed swimming in the ocean and in the pool. Agree the meal credit doesn't go far, but it was enough for lunch. We enjoyed seeing the ships, we got to see an NCL back in which was kind of cool to watch. They had kayak and snorkeling gear as well, though there isn't much to see in the water :) It was an easy walk, second time I made the mistake of going through the straw market... my son wanted everything he saw and they sure do want you to buy stuff so be prepared (if you have kids along).
Great advice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter