Blue Lagoon Restaurant - restaurant reviews

We ate here on Thursday 10th February at just after 12 noon.We were one of only a few tables in there so got a waterside table but it soon filled up very quick by the time we were leaving at 1.20pm the bottam two tiers of tables were full and service had slowed down.

I have always wanted to eat here but it has always been closed and from the reviews on this board it seemed hit and miss.I was not dissappointed :thumbsup2

We had originally planned to eat off the express menu but it was not on so we ate off the Bucaneers menu

There was as far as we can remember...I didn't take piccies of the menu or write in my notebook :confused3

Prawn Cocktail
Crab Presse
Soup

Chicken Colombo with rice
Fillet of Parrot fish with a tomato sauce and rice
and another fish dish I think Capitaine Fish????

E27.50

Kids Menu was limited

Tomato and Mozzerella Salad

Chicken Breast with gravy served with rice or thick chips and vegetables
4 cheese ravioli with tomato sauce

Vanilla ice cream chocolate chip sundae
Exotic fruit salad

E14.10

Mac had chicken with chips...it comes with the starter and the veg on a mickey plate

Picture307.jpg

J had the chicken with rice

Picture308.jpg

Rod had Prawn cocktail for starters

Picture309.jpg

I had the Crab

Picture310.jpg

For mains Rod had the Chicken Colombo

Picture312.jpg

and I had the Parrot fish

Picture311.jpg

The kids got ice cream for dessert and Rod and Me had a coffee.
The total bill along with 2 soft drinks was E96.10

We really enjoyed this meal, although I am very glad we were there early.The service was very good and the atmosphere is incredible.Where can you dine where people are passing you going on their ride inside POTC. You really feel that you are sitting on an evening on Carribean island.It was really nice to eat something different from steak or burgers and even though at first Mac was dissappointed with the kids menu choice he really enjoyed his meal and thick chips ...hurray

Picture302.jpg

Picture303.jpg

Picture306.jpg

Picture314.jpg

Picture315.jpg

Our rating 5 out of 5 .....an umissable dining experience but get there early

Couple of things -

For some really bizare reason the main menu in English is not on display outside. There's the French one on the left and they have put the Alyzee 19,99€ formule (express 40mins meal) on the right :confused3 They have them inside at the desk

You can if there's room go and have just a dessert or a Café/Thé Gourmand around 16.00 after the main service. Check before hand in case you get an unpleasant CM who says no but the 3 I spoke to said there was no problem

I can't find the childrens menu :confused3 Hope I didn't delete it..will take again if so and add

The Express Menu

Disney13052011061.jpg

The 3 menus

Disney13052011063.jpg

Disney13052011062.jpg

Disney13052011064.jpg

Starters

Disney13052011065.jpg

Disney13052011066.jpg

Mains

Disney13052011067.jpg

Disney13052011068.jpg

Disney13052011069.jpg

Disney13052011070.jpg

Desserts

Disney13052011071.jpg

Disney13052011072.jpg

We ate here on Saturday 8th October at 6pm. 3 adults and a 4 year old.

We had been keen to try here, DS kept asking about it every time we were on the ride. This was the first trip where it was open at night.

I had the grilled swordfish and DS and mother-in-law had the caribean chicken. Joe had the kids menu and chose the pasta, kids menu could have been a bit better but he ate a bit of everything, including the ice cream so a good result.:thumbsup2 DS has the coconut ice-cream for pudding, I stole some and it was really, really good.... Mil had the creme brulle which came on fire, she said was great.

Good service and pleasant food and not too crazy price wise for Disney. Would go again.

Wendy x

We had lunch here at 12.30 on Monday 7th November. The restaurant was quite busy at this time, and we couldn't get a seat by the water, but we did get one on the same level. We were left alone for more than 15 minutes before a waiter came to take our drinks and food order, but once we had ordered the drinks, and then the food, came to our table quickly.

I ordered from the main menu as the Express lunch was not available. DD and I both had the chicken, DD's came on a Mickey shaped plate with her veggies separate. Mine was on skewers, with fragrant rice. It was lovely, we both enjoyed our food here. We also had a soft drink each. With my shareholders discount and leaving a tip, our meal cost 35 euros total :).

The theme in this restaurant is stunning :love:, from the moment you walk from the CM greeter's desk down to the restaurant level.

We ate here at the end of May 2011.

copied from my trip report

Our luck was in and we were seated by the beach.

First up were Captain's Mai Tais for the adults

DLP134.jpg

DLP135.jpg

DLP136.jpg

then for her starter Samantha had Pirates of the Caribbean Shrimp, pineapple, avocado & hearts of palm with a mango vinaigrette

DLP137.jpg

Bryan chose Crevettes Blue Lagoon Shrimp, coconut & ginger cocktail and vegetable pickle

DLP138.jpg

while I chose Crab Key Crab mold with avocado cream and grapefruit.

DLP139.jpg

All were delicious. :thumbsup2

Then onto the mains ..... Samantha, Danielle and Francesca all had Poulet "Freres de la Cote" Caribbean chicken Colombo, coconut flakes and fragrant rice

DLP140.jpg

Bryan chose Grillade "Flibustier" Grilled swordfish with Caribbean sauce, mango salsa and fragrant rice

DLP141.jpg

and I chose Autruche des Tropiques Flambeed ostrich steak, Hawaiian sauce, manioc chips and vegetables.

DLP143.jpg

DLP142.jpg

Again, all were delicious. :)

We then forced ourselves to have dessert ;)

Bryan, Samantha and Danielle all chose L'ile au tresor Moist chocolate cake, pineapple carpaccio and rum-raisin ice-cream

DLP144.jpg

and of course I had to have Creme brulee du gouverneur Creme brulee with island vanilla and Francesca also chose this.

DLP145.jpg

DLP146.jpg

Mmmmm what a lovely time we had. I know there are sometimes very poor reviews for the Blue Lagoon but it's never disappointed us.

We ate here in May 2011 and December 2011 (week before Christmas)
May 2011
The first time we ate off the expres menu, I had the most enormous seafood salad imaginable.......The Gormet cafe was amazing too! Worth every penny. My kids had the set menu, the first time they both had filled pasta shapes. The elder daughter enjoyed the mozarella salad starter (and her sisters) and the pasta shapes. My 3yo daughter wouldn't eat the pasta as it was 'too strong' flavoured or the mozarella. She did a good job on the complimentary bread though! Both enjoyed their deserts. The service was good and we had a table next to the water, enjoying waving at the passing boats!
December 2011
In December there was no express meal available (and no teen meal as advertised on DLRP MAGIC) so I ate off the set menu. Both DDs had the kids menu. This time the kids had 'hearts of palm' with their tomatoes instyead of mozarella. Now DD1 is game for new flavours but honestly, i can't imagine any child would enjoy these, they look a bit like fennel and taste like gherkins..... I enjoyed them, but they 'juiced' all over the tomatoes. So DD2 wopuldn't touch those either.....

This time DD2 had chicken and veg, and was much happier with that. DD1 had the pasta again.
I had fish (can't remember which one) with rice. It was nice but I wasn't full after it. Again the bread was useful here....
The pud was lovely, unfortunately I can't remember what that was either, but the glowtini I had before it may have something to do with that....

The atmosphere was a bit less friendly the second time and it was VERY dark away from the waters edge.....hence I needed a glowtini!!!LOL!!

I will be eating here again on our next trip, as the atmosphere can be so fabulous, but I a hoping they have removed that hearts of palm from the kids menu (yuk) and that the main courses are a bit larger....

The express menu, if you can get it, is amazing value, i'm not sure I'd say the same for the regular prices (even with shareholder discount) The atmosphere is unique, though, and you need to try it at least once (and the glowtini!)

We ate here on Monday 7th May 2012.

We had popped in the day before to book a table for 18:30. On arrival we were asked to take a seat and wait for our table. It was very busy and we were shown to our table after about 10 minutes.

The surroundings are lovely, but a bit dark for photos. Our server was very nice, and our order taken quickly. Drinks were served with a basket of bread rolls.

Lewis had the salmon from the kids menu

2012_0510Disney120152.jpg

Abbey had the Caribbean Chicken Columbo

2012_0510Disney120151.jpg

John had Grilled fillet of beef

2012_0510Disney120150.jpg

I had rack of lamb

2012_0510Disney120149.jpg

We all really enjoyed our meals with the exception of Abbey who didn't really enjoy hers. She thought the chicken was a bit tough and a bland. I loved the lamb and thought it was a nice change to the usual burgers etc at DLP. John liked his beef too, and he is usually very fussy. Lewis ate everything on his plate :thumbsup2

Overall a very enjoyable experience :goodvibes

Total bill was E88.88 with shareholders discount.

Ate here Monday 4th June mid afternoon.

We had a great beachside table and a lovely meal.

DH and I had the express menu which was really good value (19.99 euros) - we both had the colombo chicken (coconut curry sauce chicken skewers & rice), followed by the Cafe Gourmand - coffee & a few miniature desserts. The meal was delicious. We also had a 'lights & colours' glowtini cocktail each.

179.jpg

177.jpg

183.jpg

The girls ate from the children's set menu - DD1 had the chicken with rice and pan friend veg (and cherry tomato salad for starter) and panacotta for dessert, DD2 had the tomato pasta and veg (cherry tom salad starter too) and ice cream for dessert. They both really liked their food which all came out together on Mickey shaped plates.

176.jpg

175.jpg

181.jpg

182.jpg

Total was 79.40 euros with SH discount :).

I do recall we waited an awfully long time to order food and drinks - 25 minutes, and DH was starting to get a bit annoyed but the food came really quickly once we ordered! In addition, poor DH was sick that night - it might have been a coincidence as I had the same food and was OK? Still, I would definitely eat here again if I can get DH to go back :lmao:.

My husband and i ate lunch here in September. I loved the atmosphere, husband wasn't as in awe as i, and therefore didn't enjoy the place nearly as much as i did. The food was pretty bad... dry, tasteless...

We both had:
"Treasures of the Sea" Menu ... €33.99
Starter + Main Course + Dessert

•Buccaneer's cocktail
Coconut ginger prawns, accompanied by a vegetable achard

7CD7217A-5D5E-4A6E-BF0C-6FCB358542F1-293-000000315A2C94A8_zpsb98cbe02.jpg

•Pressed crab
with piquillo pepper coulis, curry toast

AF25404C-9A18-4084-9ECB-6CD78886D034-293-0000002F7DCCABCF_zps84b7f77d.jpg

I thought the starters were quite nice.

•"Caribbean" chicken colombo
accompanied by aromatic rice and roasted plantain

AEE87B70-DB41-49D3-85A7-85E5A6E6F6EA-293-0000002F8F1FC3E5_zps99b597ee.jpg

•Mahi-mahi fillet, rougail sauce
accompanied by pan-fried vegetables

9159ECB3-F417-4C9B-BDFE-044EE4322E4A-293-0000002F9FE0318F_zpsf1f327a4.jpg

Both the mains were terrible... chicken and rice extremely dry and the fish was revolting. My husband couldn't cut through the skin, it was rubbery. He didn't touch it after that.

•Crème brûlée
with exotic island vanilla, caramel flambé

28C6F169-4C58-4443-AB3F-D5354405080A-293-0000002FAD17EBC2_zpsfa2a9fd5.jpg

•Coconut ice cream
sundae with pineapple coulis

F1A96CD9-DB3A-4228-AAAE-2989AA0F812C-293-0000002FB960CCF3_zps941bd890.jpg

The ice cream was great - really nice. The brulee, quite bad - it had a strong chemical taste to the top layer.

I eat at Blue Lagoon every few moths and it's hard to give a general opinion about this place, as the experience always is different here. Usually the food is good but not exceptional (on Disney norms). But service is ver inconsistent here! Have had quite good servers here, but more then once the service was really not ok.
Since a month are two a new menu is offered, next to the existing once. It's about 59 EUR. Not one complaint about the food, it was really good (again, at Dsisney norms, you can off course eat way better at a Caribbean restaurant in Paris). But for this price I would expect at least a real napkin and a new fork and knife for my main course! Don't think I'll go back soon, as long as Walts is open :-)

We ate at lunch at the Blue Lagoon this weekend and enjoyed it. The atmosphere was wonderful. We had no ADR. If the wait was long, I was prepared to make a dinner reservation instead, but we were shown right in and seated at a table with a nice view of the water. It wasn't one of the tables closest to the water, but one over. The view was still lovely. We really liked the table location, especially since we were just "walk-ups."

My wife ordered the prawn (shrimp) appetizer and I ordered the crab. We split the two appetizers between us for variety. Both were tasty. My DS16 decided to forego the appetizer when we explained that shrimp cocktail was served cold. He ordered the surf and turf ala carte.

My wife and I both had the fish and shrimp cooked in a banana peel (maybe subliminally chosen due to the novelty and in keeping with the PotC theme). The fish was just ok. The shrimp were good (although not abundant). The side dishes (rice and plantains) were also very tasty. My son was very happy with the veal and lobster gratin.

My wife had the coconut ice cream for dessert and loved it! My son and I passed on dessert. He was initially interested in the creme brulee because the table next to us got one and it was on fire! But he changed his mind when I told him what it was.

Blue Lagoon is fairly pricey. Total for our three meals was around 110 euros, but with our annual pass discount, it came to 99 euros. That cost is on par with most Disney table service restaurants. The meal wasn't among the best TS we've had, but it was appealing and the we had a relaxing and enjoyable meal with great ambience.

I've read reviews here about inconsistent service. I should also note that our server was wonderful! He was very friendly and helpful in describing the way various dishes were prepared.

we dined here for lunch when we went to DLP back in 2011 and loved it.

i can still remember the fish with the banana leaves and DH's veal medallions.

it was super quiet so we got a great seat and we sat there and watched the boats go by with our cocktails flashing with the light up ice cubes! :cloud9:

We ate in Blue Lagoon at 6pm on Wednesday 21st May 2014. Our reservation was for 6;30pm but we wanted out of the rain and there was no problem with this. I asked to be seated by the water and the waiter said they automatically seat everyone there at that time.

The theming in this restaurant is fantastic; you really feel like you're outdoors. We all loved it. The kids really enjoyed waving to all the passers-by on the boats and they wanted to go back the next day.

We had premium meal vouchers so we ordered from the 'Pirate's Pearl' Menu, which also included a free drink.

We only had one child's voucher (worth E29) but we got two basic child's meals for the value of it.

I had the Pirate Trio for starters, Surf & Turf (veal & lobster) for mains and sorbets for dessert. Oh and a Glotini :) Everything was delicious!

A new favourite restaurant for me, I will definitely return.

Just for general information, the restaurant was re-vamped along with the ride last year and is now called Captain Jack's Restaurant des Pirates. I'm sorry about the name change, (and the menu change, as I liked what they used to offer) but the atmosphere appears to be identical except that Jack Sparrow hangs around a lot more often now. Keep fingers crossed that you get the British guy because he's really good.

**Edited to add that I went back recently (first time since the menu change) and the food was excellent, but definitely spicier than the first visit.

Attachments

• IMG_3885.JPG
    IMG_3885.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter