Blue Lagoon Restaurant - restaurant reviews

We ate here for my birthday celebration in July. We asked to be seated by the water and this was no problem. Kids menu has changed, but the staff were really flexible and were happy to suggest alterations to make it more appetising for our kids. I had the vegetarian pasta which was surprisingly tasty and good value for money. The wine list was decent and the prices very comparable to outside restaurants. The fact that you can dine a la carte means this is as expensive or as affordable as you make it. Husband and I had two courses, as did the kids. Even with Birthday champagne and a bottle of wine the bill was just over 100 Euro. Great atmosphere and very friendly staff. I'd definitely recommend it.

Appetizer: Cured ham with papaya

P1020931.jpg

Entree: Creole rice with chicken and seafood

P1020932.jpg

Dessert 1: Creme brulée

P1020934.jpg

Dessert 2: Mango mousse with "ti-bonbon au chocolat craquant"

P1020933.jpg

Btw, I didn't eat two desserts. My mom and I just ate both the same appetizer and entree ;)

Btw, I didn't eat two desserts. My mom and I just ate both the same appetizer and entree ;)

Absolutely nothing wrong with eating two desserts! (in fact, I worked with someone who would eat dessert FIRST before her appetizer and entree....)

How did you find the mango mousse? do you make an 'official' recommendation? Now that my chocolate lava cake is off the menu I need to find a new dessert here, and creme brulee is not my favourite

I really loved the mango mousse! It was something I usually never get to eat, so that was nice too.

It wasn't too sweet, it was a little bit like a bavarois, but still a little different. Yes, I can recommend it :)
Especially since it's not a creme brulee that you can basically get everywhere. Next time I'm there, i'll choose it again!

Went tothe Blue Lagoon in July, and it was the nicest place I've ever eaten. Mum had prawns with sweet potato, and everyone else had swordfish, which was wonderful. The rice in particular was lovely. The portions were perfectly sized, and although they weren't massive they were very filling.

Service was very good, our waitress was friendly and quick. We had made reservations at city hall that morning, and were seated straight away. Even though we were sitting at the back, not near the boats, we had a nice view of them all the same, and the atmosphere was stunning and just as wondeful as I'd always hoped it would be (after 5 previous DLRP visits).

The puddings were lovely - we had 5 different ones between us, and everyone enjoyed theirs. I had "Pineapple carpaccio with pomegranate seeds and chocolate fondant ", it was like a small (but filling) chocolate brownie surrounded with very thinly sliced pineapple (though it was some kind of jelly until i prodded it with my fork), and it was delicious!

The only mistake i made was to order water with gas (fizzy water) instead of without by accident!

Very, very good meal, service and atmosphere. It was a perfect meal.

We just called in without reservations and got a seat by the water, bang in the middle. It was great. Food was okay.

We made reservations for 2pm. It took ten minutes to be seated, another ten for our drinks and bread to arrive and our starters didn't arrive for another twenty minutes after that (cured ham, smoked tuna, neither of which required any cooking or much presentation but both were lovely). It then took over 25 minutes after our starter plates were taken away for our main courses to arrive. My husband had the swordfish, which was enormous and tasty, and I had the chicken and seafood with Creole rice. Not impressed with that - a small amount of mushy rice with little flavouring bar a few bits of red pepper and onion, topped with two lukewarm chicken drumsticks, a single langoustine, a single chewy squid ring and a single clam. Not impressed for the money. We complained and got just 10% off for the wait and didn't get out of the restaurant until 3.45pm. I wouldn't risk going back.

We ate here on 19th May. I did take pictures of our food but I'm afraid it was so dark that they didn't come out well.
As background, we have eaten here twice before, and DH was really looking forward to it. However, we won't be eating here again. The overall impression I get is they are trying too hard to be different or exotic with the food and you just end up with peculiar flavours.
We asked for a table by the water and were lucky there was one available. We were also lucky with our waitress, since we have had very slow poor service here in the past. We came for lunch but it was pretty busy.
In common with the other table service restaurants in the park now, the children's meals come on a Mickey-shaped plate with 3 different sections for starter, main and dessert. Although I know they need 3 bits so it can look like Mickey I would prefer the children not get their dessert before they've eaten their main, but that's just me. Their were 3 different children's options, all with different starters, mains and desserts. It didn't mention that you could mix them up, but that would be a better option since there might be something on one menu your child didn't like. Starter for the meal our kids had was carrot and cucumber crudites with a dip, main was pasta and dessert was a fruit compote. They liked it well enough.
I chose the prawn cocktail which was actually the only thing on the started menu I wanted to eat. It was horrible. The prawns were spread out on a plate with some kind of wierd ginger coleslaw and I didn't finish it. DH had the Creole selection and it was interesting - beautifully presented like a taster plate but he didn't like most of the things.
I had the Chicken Columbo for main, which was a chicken curry and rice. Quite bland, but nice enough. DH had the steak and enjoyed it but had much better steaks elsewhere for lots less money.
All in all a disappointing experience, and not one we'll be paying for again.

This is such a shame to hear all these reviews. I've wanted to eat at BL for years, but I don't think I'll be going during my visit in a few weeks. :-(

When I first 'discovered' the Blue Lagoon some years ago I thought the combination of the surroundings and the food was really great and from then on returned every time we returned to Disney. Over the years I was less and less impressed with the quality of the food, and especially the service, and after appauling service a couple of years ago + reading poor reviews I stopped going and replaced that 'special meal' with Walt's.

However having been to other restaurants in the park and in the village I feel that none of the Disney restaurants are consistent in the food quality or in the service, and it all seems to come down to the luck of the draw...

Does anyone else have the same impression as I do ? Should I give the Blue Lagoon another chance ?

I am going back to Disney in 3 weeks :banana: :banana: :dance3:

The service we had recently was better than on previous visits, and they were busy too, but some of the food was quite unpleasant. It was a big disappointment for DH who had really been looking forward to it.

DW and I were quite disapointed by the food on out last visit there in the first week of June, the food was not as nice as it was before in 2004 when we last went there.

The service was very good, but it was a quite day and the resturant was nearly empty. We had the same table as we did in 2004 right on the beach and our waiter Ross was great fun. He kept making elephant and monkey calls as he was walking around the resturant.

The menu has changed alot since 2004 and so has the atmosphere a little. I seem to remember it being a lot warmer in the resturant, heated to Caribbean tropical temperatures, and I can remember the heat hitting you as you walked down the corridor from the front desk to the resturant itself.

I still think the Blue Lagoon is a lovely themed resturant, the best one in the park. But the food is not as good as it once was.

Two days later Ross was our waiter again this time in Walts which was fun. But he was not alowed to do his elephant and monkey impressions this time as he told us he would get told off.

i went to the blue lagoon for the second time last week, and once again the food and service was excellent. heres a couple of pics i took.

IMG_0359.jpg
[/IMG]
sword fish with potatoes (normally served with rice but its a bit creamy for my liking)

IMG_0360.jpg
[/IMG]
Ostrich steak, normally served with fried plantain but dbf doesnt like plantain

we ate here late Jan 2008. It was our big special meal for our short trip and we werent disappointed. We were seated promptly with a brilliant view of the restaurant and water. It was a great atmosphere.

We were lucky also to have a very friendly and attentive waiter.

we opted to skip starters as we werent mega hungry so we ordered a bottle of the 15th anniversary red wine and went straight for the main course.

I had a kind of chicken coconut curry and Jess had Flambéed ostrich steak with green peppers and plantain banana chips.

The food arrived in good time, was cooked to perfection, tasted amazing and was a great portion. I was expecting small portions being a pricier place but it was enough for even my appetite.

For desert I had baked flambeed banana with a little cake type thing and Jess had Bora-Bora sorbet with fresh fruit (litchi, lime, kiwi, passion fruit).

Her sorbet was nice but the waiter made a mistake with me and the banana..... he brought the rum to the table :laughing: being the swarthy fellow that I am when he asked 3 times "more rum on it?" I heartly replied arrrr pirate: at which point he asked "you like rum alot huh?" and poured more on. He then lit the banana and wandered off. At which point unsure as to whether it would burn the banana (honest :rolleyes1 ) I blew the flame out.

turns out I should have let it burn a shade more as it was still swimming in rum and I basically drank my desert :banana: Jess had 2 mouthfuls of the little cake and swore blind she was instantly tipsy and pulled the most awful grimmace from the strength. I was in heaven as it was proper rough dark rum pirate: The waiter then reappeared with a large shot glass(2 and a half shots equivilent) full of rum as a complimentary drink for me pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: he got a very good tip hehe and we left the blue lagoon very tipsy bordering on drunk. At which point we rode big thunder mountain and space mountain hehe. Was quite fun being tipsy in the magic kingdom.

drink aside couldnt fault the restaurant one bit. would go back any day for the unusual variety of food and amazing atmosphere.

we ate here late Jan 2008. It was our big special meal for our short trip and we werent disappointed. We were seated promptly with a brilliant view of the restaurant and water. It was a great atmosphere.

We were lucky also to have a very friendly and attentive waiter.

we opted to skip starters as we werent mega hungry so we ordered a bottle of the 15th anniversary red wine and went straight for the main course.

I had a kind of chicken coconut curry and Jess had Flambéed ostrich steak with green peppers and plantain banana chips.

The food arrived in good time, was cooked to perfection, tasted amazing and was a great portion. I was expecting small portions being a pricier place but it was enough for even my appetite.

For desert I had baked flambeed banana with a little cake type thing and Jess had Bora-Bora sorbet with fresh fruit (litchi, lime, kiwi, passion fruit).

Her sorbet was nice but the waiter made a mistake with me and the banana..... he brought the rum to the table :laughing: being the swarthy fellow that I am when he asked 3 times "more rum on it?" I heartly replied arrrr pirate: at which point he asked "you like rum alot huh?" and poured more on. He then lit the banana and wandered off. At which point unsure as to whether it would burn the banana (honest :rolleyes1 ) I blew the flame out.

turns out I should have let it burn a shade more as it was still swimming in rum and I basically drank my desert :banana: Jess had 2 mouthfuls of the little cake and swore blind she was instantly tipsy and pulled the most awful grimmace from the strength. I was in heaven as it was proper rough dark rum pirate: The waiter then reappeared with a large shot glass(2 and a half shots equivilent) full of rum as a complimentary drink for me pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: he got a very good tip hehe and we left the blue lagoon very tipsy bordering on drunk. At which point we rode big thunder mountain and space mountain hehe. Was quite fun being tipsy in the magic kingdom.

drink aside couldnt fault the restaurant one bit. would go back any day for the unusual variety of food and amazing atmosphere.

Lovely rum based review!! :laughing: Pleased you enjoyed it!!

Bob xoxox

We ate here during our 1 day visit in early July. It was one of the best meals we had in our 16 days in Europe, and priced moderately. Everything we ordered was delightful.

Oooooo..... Another good review! This place is looking ever more promising!

Bob xoxoxox

Giant photo of dessert menu has been PM'd. The chocolate lava cake is back!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter