BLT Wet Carpet?

moericus

Mouseketeer
I saw a concerning video on that social network this morning. A Bay Lake Tower guest was dealing with soaking wet carpet in the closet opposite the adjacent room's shower. It was enough water to soak the luggage on the floor.

The concerning part to me is the maintenance worker implied this is common in BLT because the showers do not drain properly.

Has anyone ever dealt with this? Is this really as common as implied?

Are BLT owners paying for more bathroom design-flaws? If this maintenance is really that common then I expect Disney or the builder to foot the bill.

I love BLT, this is out of concern for the structure and my wallet.

I stayed there twice and didn't have that issue and haven't heard of it from anyone else. I have a friend who will ONLY stay there and she's never mentioned it.

We only stayed there once and it was a few years back but we had no issues. We enjoyed the resort and location very much.

Never heard of it either.

I wouldn't worry about it affecting your wallet. My ownership percentage equals about a bathroom tile worth of space in one of the units. Any costs over and above whats already budgeted for maintenance would be spread across the tens of thousands of owners. The building is also 10 years old, things break. Not uncommon for shower pans to leak. If there is an widespread issue they'll probably address it at the 2023 hard goods refresh.

I have not had this happen at BLT. Actually, my stay there was one of the most amazing I have had on property.

I did have this happen two years ago at one of the Art of Animation suites. There was a section of carpet outside the bathroom that was so wet that water would sop up around your feet when stepping in it. Thought about not complaining, and then thought again. The more I thought I about where that water was coming from, the more I got disturbed. Went to the main desk and they promptly switched me to another room, and told me to come back immediately if I had any other issue there. The rest of our stay there was amazing.

Sounds like they keep a few spare rooms available on the properties in case problems come up. I would try not to worry too much, and definitely say something if this were to happen to you

They had water draining issues with the Poly DVC when it first opened, but I never heard of it being common at BLT.

We stayed there once about 5 years ago. We had that issue. I went down to the front desk 3 times to report it and they just kept telling me that "the maids had cleaned the carpet and it was taking a long time to dry." Knowing that this was total bullsh**, I kept at it and they finally sent maintenance up to check it out. It was like a little pond in the middle of the hallway at this point. Now it's 10 pm and they frantically want us to move rooms. By this point after having been ignored all day, we were well settled in. I inquired how I was going to be compensated for this late upheaval after spending my day doggedly pursuing the issue. We did end up getting a credit that covered dinner at The Wave for our group the next day. I did NOT appreciate having to pack up and move (not just suitcases, but grocery delivery, too) and unpack again close to midnight because they simply refused to address the issue earlier.

So, yes ...... this is a known issue. The shower leaks into the hallway.

The shower doesn't share a wall with the villa closet next door. How does it leak into the closet next door? Usually the bathrooms back up to each other.

The shower doesn't share a wall with the villa closet next door. How does it leak into the closet next door? Usually the bathrooms back up to each other.
If they are talking about a 1bd there looks to be a closet adjacent to the shower stall in the same villa, otherwise I agree with you.

Never had this happen to us. Maybe it’s a problem in certain parts of the building?

We once had a wet carpet problem in the entryway/foyer that turned out to be a leaking refrigerator/icemaker. This was in a 2 bedroom unit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!