BLT: The Good, the Bad, the It Could Have Been Worse! THE END

K9pal

<font color=green>Just call me Miss Patient!
Sometime during the night, the handle on the toilet in our bedroom breaks. But it could be worse – at least we have an extra bathroom in the villa, and we're checking out in the morning anyway :thumbsup2.
We have counter service credits left, so we all head to Contempo Cafe for breakfast. UGH. Cold, tasteless french toast served with a greasy ball of bacon. Then back to the villa to pack up. DH and I are going to stay after the others leave, so we can make sure the place is clean, etc. Say our goodbyes and see them off, then DH takes the first load of stuff to our rental car. Which he can't find. And the panic button on the key fob produces no audible results either. So he calls me, and MY personal panic button is working just fine!! :eek: We finally realize the car is there – it's just deader than a doornail. Did I mention that the car only had 198 miles on it when we picked it up?! Thankfully the key will open the driver's door, and we get the Alamo contract and call for roadside assistance. And are told that Alamo will charge $49 to come out and jump their car. The lady took pity on us though, and called Disney Security while DH stayed on the line. The sweet lady from Security was there in minutes, jumped us for no charge, then hung around while we finished packing and loading to make sure we had no further problems. I raced around the villa and threw our stuff in the suitcases, and we headed directly to the Alamo desk at the Car Care Center, where we switched cars. Thankfully the rain held off until the switch. Could have been worse though – we could have broken down on the way to the airport. Kudos to Disney Security for great service. We stop at Downtown Disney, do some quick shopping, and head out since the sky is dark and we hear thunder.

FOLLOW UP: We spent two nights with my mom before heading back home. DH gets up the first morning, takes his shower, and can't find his clean underwear. Or his shorts. Or his shirts. ALL of his clothes got left behind in the drawers at the villa in our haste to get the car packed while it was still running! Could have been worse – I did pack his nice, brand new Lands End polos and his Keens. The bad part is, we cannot locate any telephone numbers for the Contemporary Resort, and mom doesn't have internet access or wifi. We go to the library, get the phone number, and … resort lost and found won't let you speak to a person. You have to leave your info, and they will call you back “in the order in which your call is received”. Which tells me a LOT of stuff must get left behind at the Contemporary/BLT. This was on a Friday. Late afternoon on the following Monday, I get a call at home from resort lost and found – all items have been found and shipped to us at no charge! I'm feeling lucky, so I call Disney Lost & Found about my camera, but no luck there :(.

All in all, we had a fun trip and made lots of memories, good and bad!!

Enjoyed your report. Sounds like you had lots of good times, and didn't let the negatives ruin your trip.

By the way, I can relate to leaving stuff behind - glad they sent it, but sorry you haven't found your camera.

And another followup: Got the package of clothes we left behind. About 75% of what we left was there, plus 2 pair of men's shorts that didn't belong to DH! On a hunch, I contacted my SIL - yep, they are his, he hadn't even missed them!! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter